Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject 57 ships Anchored off shore of NJ, MD/VA
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message UPDATE so this doesn't start other threads
In my post on page 2...
Ok folks..
Here's the deal. There does seem to be a glitch in the server where the ship info is coming from. The weather reports are coming from a few ships on the move instead of being anchored. But the older reports from some of those ships older locations while on the move are not being removed. Normally it's one ship giving one report one location at a time. Old ship locations are not being removed from the map!

Sorry for starting this thread. I should of dug further before posting this thread. But Like I said, I been using this program for 5 years and never had a problem. The problem is with the server where the ship info is coming from and it's a first glitch I ran into in 5 years.

A few members posted simple and to the point debunks without being rude which helped me looked into things a bit further. After all, we all want the truth and so do I, and I like to thank those members. Thanks
 Quoting: Wanta10GA

The text below (keeping text posted) has been debunked with the help of other GLP members posting in this thread and myself
--------------------------------------------------------
Not sure what's going on, might be nothing, but never saw this before! In a Weather Program I use I have the program set to get Weather and Ocean reports from anchored ships off shore. In this case ships anchored offshore in the Mid Atlantic States off the coast of NJ and MD/VA.

On the marinetraffic.com website this is not shown, might be due to being to far off shore!

4 days ago there was 12 ships anchored in a group 100 miles offshore of MD and VA. Right now theres 23 ships anchored in this group

The last 2 days another group of ships, but spread a bit further apart is anchored off the NJ shore starting from 25 miles out to aprox 150 miles off shore. In all 32 ships are anchored.

In the FULL RES screen capture images I uploaded you will see this. Look for the Green Anchor Icons. Each Icon is a Anchored Ship. The blue flags are wind direction and wind speed reports from those ships. For more info I hover my mouse over the ship (which you will see in second image)

First Image....
[link to www.yankeewaterfowler.net]

Second Image with mouse hover....
[link to www.yankeewaterfowler.net]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP