Users Online Now: 2,204 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,509,450
Pageviews Today: 2,509,424Threads Today: 1,003Posts Today: 17,887
11:24 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Stationary light caught on video by the "Weather Weenies" as the stars moved in the background - UFO?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Weather Weenies Forum

Calling any astronomy buffs in the house! I need help with this one. When going through my individual images to look for meteors I noticed a strange phenomenon. I am very familiar with satellites showing up in photos, and iridium flares, etc. but this was much different. For a period of approximately 25-30 minutes there was a pin point of light that got much brighter in my images. There are two things that rule this out as a typical satellite.. #1 The flares don't last for 25-30 minutes, and #2 (and the most important) it was stationary compared to the rest of the star field, which means it is something that is in geostationary orbit with Earth. Could this be sunlight flare from one of the geostationary satellites? Not sure why it would last so long? I need help! Here is the video time lapse of my photographs, you will see one stationary point of light appear and then fade. Oh...Taken early morning of 8-14-13 between around 2:20AM and 2:45AM. Facing in a Southerly direction.

The video is on facebook..
[link to www.facebook.com (secure)]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP