Users Online Now: 1,913 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 920,034
Pageviews Today: 1,810,409Threads Today: 750Posts Today: 15,615
08:09 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Vegetarians almost have it right....
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I agree with the concept that animals are to be treated with dignity and respect.

I believe that the mass production and slaughter of animals is inhumane and cruel.

However, being the health/fitness junkie that I am, I would be at a loss if animal protein was not a regular part of my diet. This is not up for debate, it is based purely off of my own experience, through trial and error, and research.

Even some meat eaters have it wrong. They think hunting a wild animal is cruel, yet they have no problem eating meat from the supermarket - not having a clue where it comes from, how the animals were treated, their diet, and the hormones they are injected with.

The worst part is the torment and fear that these slaughterhouse animals have to live in. The chickens grow so big, so fast, that their legs cannot support them and they can't walk, so they flop around on the ground. That's no life for any creature, whether they are being raised as food or otherwise.

My point is that too many people see eating meat vs not eating meat as a black and white issue.

If only we could treat every animal with respect and be thankful that they gave their life for our health and well being, as part of the circle of life.

Look to predators in the wild: when they are hungry, they hunt, eat, and that's the end of it. There's no torture, there's no steroids. The animals who get preyed upon get to live a natural life in the wild.

I've noticed that many vegetarians choose to be because they don't agree with how the animals are treated.

But I don't think that "not eating meat" is the best answer for mankind. If it works for you, then by all means, refrain from eating meat. I will not judge someone for making that choice. But I expect not to be judged for choosing to eat meat. My meat comes from humane and natural sources, and that includes when I eat out at a restaurant. I have my regular, local places to eat and I will never again touch fast food or supermarket meat. Watch any slaughterhouse video, and likely you'll feel the same way.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP