Users Online Now: 2,449 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,414,425
Pageviews Today: 2,361,735Threads Today: 942Posts Today: 16,811
10:03 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Everybody heading for the hills when SHTF??
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I've been watching those doomsday prepper shows in National Geographic and it seems everybody has a plan to head for the hills when everything collapses...and most of the ones being profiled on that show are armed to the teeth. If a SHTF situation really does happen, wouldn't that make the back country a pretty dangerous place to be?? A lot of these people appear to have a place staked out and if you get to close, they plan to put a bullet(s) in you. Don't think they have even considered people hiking with their kids and just happening on them or whatever. All they seem to have on their minds is stocking up on their stuff and taking out anybody who gets too close...and then running around and killing every animal they see.
A lot of this prepping stuff doesn't make sense. I'm beginning to wonder if it's just a ploy to get people to spend a lot of money on stuff they'll just have to throw out in 15 years.
Everybody is not a savage. If things really do get bad, lots of people will still help out their neighbors and communities and find a way to keep things going the best they can...bartering or whatever. I don't think everybody is just going to grab a backpack and abandon their homes and head for the mountains. If they do, it won't take very long to use up what natural resources we do have left and then everybody will be screwed.
What am I missing in all this?? other than that Wise food storage company is experiencing a boom in sales right now.

Somebody help me make sense of all this.

I understand you need to be prepared in case of an emergency..hurricane, snowstorm, earthquake...but this hoarding up for years and years worth of stuff...are people just throwing money out the window out of created fear?? I mean 75 years ago, most everybody had a garden and a few chickens and maybe a cow or 2. they went to the bathroom in an outhouse. got their water from a well. and they were all fine. They didn't have 10 years worth of grain and rice in big expensive mylar-lined buckets and they managed to survive just fine. I have to be missing something here...yet every time I watch one of those shows, Youtube videos, or come to this site, I start to feel panicked that I'm not ready for "something" that I should be ready for.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP