Users Online Now: 1,169 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 340,367
Pageviews Today: 549,787Threads Today: 154Posts Today: 2,743
05:59 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Which is worse? Following your own path, being different and suffering for it. Or going along as you are told to ease the pain and suffering?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message To live life to the fullest seems to demand pain, suffering and courage. We see this message in all great stories and myths. What kind of suffering? Suffering that comes from following your own path, being your own person in spite of the risks. Obviously, living this way is very threatening to those around to us and causes them to label you out of fear. Being different is rarely understood or accepted by others.

But, I have come to understand that I have no other choice. I either follow the path that my heart leads me or life is not worth living. I find that ignorance, servitude and boredom are much more difficult to deal with than physical suffering and pain.

There does not seem to be any middle ground. Either we accept who and what we are or we don't and do as we are told. We cannot straddle the fence forever. Sooner or later we have to choose. Whether we want to or not.

We have been told in many texts and myths that suffering is the path to purification and enlightenment. I don't know if this is true, but my path is already decided for me. Now I need to just have courage and go where life leads me. I refuse to turn back now. My choice has been made...
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP