Users Online Now: 1,901 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 662,647
Pageviews Today: 870,220Threads Today: 240Posts Today: 3,477
07:38 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject NYC hate crime: Marten had been playing chess in the Square before the incident; he jumped up allegedly shouting "I hate white people,"
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message On Wednesday, a man was arrested in Union Square after allegedly attacking three people in broad daylight without provocation. According to police, suspect LaShawn Marten, 31, has been charged with assault in the incident, which occurred around 2:45 p.m. that afternoon. Cops confirmed that Marten punched the victim in the face, causing his head to hit the ground; the victim then lapsed into a coma at Bellevue Hospital. Police are now investigating the incident as a possible hate crime.

[link to gothamist.com]

Brooklyn man may be brain dead after unprovoked hate attack in Union Square

A black man shouted 'I'm going to punch the first white man I see!' before bashing Jeffrey Babbitt, 62, who fell backward and hit his head on the ground. 'The prognosis is not good and it does appear that the victim will likely die,' Manhattan Assistant District Attorney John Temple said.

[link to www.nydailynews.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP