Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Can Anyone Tell Me more About This Comment I Found In A Thread
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This was posted by an Ac on the thread titled "There,s Horizon in Space".

I quickly read it yesterday and then found myself thinking about it a lot.

I don't know a lot about space and it often confuses me and then lo and behold some of the things in this list are also on my list.

Does anyone know where this list came from and can anyone explain it...

Is it not peculiar that...

1. Every known form of energy decays, even light, namely with the square of the distance, and yet light rays of stars are still reaching us from billions of light years away.
2. Everything is subject to lines of force, (which are curved as is well known), but only light supposedly travels in a perfectly straight line.
3. According to French experiments (Prof. Allais), after 8 m distance it is no longer useful and geodesists (surveyors of the earth) have to use correction factors.
4. That night is never truly dark.
5. Even though light is supposed to travel straight, a glowing mountain can be seen even after the sun has long since set.
6. That the poles of the earth at the great distance of 150 million km from the sun do not receive equal amounts of heat, though the difference of that distance is only 6000 km.
7. That we have winter even though the sun is supposed to be 5 million km closer on December 12.
8. In all the seasons we do not have the same temperatures, if the sun is a glowing ball of heat.
9. All planets move from East to West, only the earth turns from West to East which is in the opposite direction to all other paths of the planets.
10. In a centrifuge all heavy materials collect on the outside (away from the center) only the lighter ones are near the center, yet only the rotating earth reverses the whole process.
11. The earth never cools off completely, although it is travelling in icecold (-273° C) space with a supposed velocity of 800 km/s around the sun.
12. That with this enormous speed in space, high and lows can form in the atmosphere, and everywhere a layer of air with the same altitude can remain. And all this is in addition to the earth's own revolution of 30 km/s.
13. That on a rotating sphere, the heavy land masses are found in the upper half and the lighter water mass on the lower half, instead of a collection of the landmasses near the equator.
14. That in the vacuum of space earth does not lose its air.
15. A vacuum conducts neither rays, nor light, nor heat nor gravity, but this is not valid for the sun and its planets.
16. Earth performs a revolution against its path around the sun.
17. That fixed stars do not show a parallax (moving from their postion) while the earth races around the sun 1.2 billion km per year.
18. That at a solar eclipse, when the sun is 150 million km distant, the shape of the eclipse is different at various places on the earth.
19. That fixed stars never move although they are found in a moving, expanding universe.
20. That we never see the back of the sun, although we are moving around it, while the low and high tides happen at exactly the opposite sides of the earth.

READ MORE

[link to geocosmos.tripod.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 996916
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP