Users Online Now: 1,898 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 468,291
Pageviews Today: 742,366Threads Today: 308Posts Today: 4,560
08:06 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject HAM & SHORTWAVE, SHTF COMMUNICATIONS, It's Time!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message [link to www.amazon.com]

A UV5R is a "hack" all mode Ham radio from China. With the intentions of penetrating our comm systems by simply putting the means in an easy/affordable package to unruly bored Americans.

However, it's a dam fine radio that honestly does everything it claims. The quality is so stupid high for $35 it is mind boggling!

If you don't have a Ham, get this & learn to play with it. It's easy enough I assure you!

Many do not think about this, but when TPTB go into "lockdown" in other countries (still happening) Shortwave and Ham is about the ONLY means to find out solid outside intel and keep communications.
Most think this is stone age tech from the past, but most are also blind-sighted by the easily controlled communications we have here, (that can all be switched off in a minutes time).

On to Short-Wave....

[link to www.amazon.com]

Here is a very nice Voyager I personally own as well.

I didn't buy this for all the extra goodies; crank/solar/usb/AA power, or that it can also charge out the USB for phones and what-not, or the decent built-in lighting, or the fine tuning, or the cool look in a well protected case... or.....
I bought it for good shortwave reception (with ease of use).

I have no issues picking up all around the world (I do have a $7 clothesline-coil antenna but happy with the stock most of the time).

What is most important about this radio to me is the proper scan functions. I have a SHTF list of frequencies, but lets face it... you can never know all, and never know who's going to fire up a station if/when SHTF... so a proper digital scan is a must. I've had other's (digital w/scan) but this has a great sensitivity.

These two things (the UV5R HAM and the Voyager Pro) are honestly more important than almost anything I have for when SHTF. Plus I use them often, they are both functional and fun.

SO you could get both of these radio's for $100, and have better solid communications than most anyone you know.
Knowledge=Power and in any emergency Communications=Knowledge
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP