Users Online Now: 2,183 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,095,646
Pageviews Today: 1,478,782Threads Today: 380Posts Today: 5,959
12:00 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject How YOU can make a difference and bring down the surveillance state...my success story!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message So, I just came from Wal*Mart here in Ontario, Canada, where I purchased a bottle of codeine for my migraines. They didn't ask me for ID and they didn't record any of my information when they used to, all the time.

In the past they would document the date, time and quantity of the codeine I would buy as well as note my name and driver's license number. When pressed, the power tripping pharmacy assistants would claim that the information collected was for "my safety"...of course. GLPers know that this type of nanny state surveillance is just another excuse to get us into the system and erode our well founded right to privacy.

After the second or third time, I called BS and I said...

"Cool, by documenting my personal data and purchasing history together, you have made Wal*Mart legally responsible. For example, if I develop a codeine addiction or suffer adverse side effects from this drug, I can now hold your organization...at least partially...accountable. Should that happen, please advise your legal department that I will enjoy taking action."

I repeated the above assertion for the next two instances and am proud to say this practice has now ceased.

Please spread the word and try this in your area of the world as well. Post any feedback here in this thread and good luck fighting the NWO!

P.S. I've modified the above statement to stop convenience and department store retailers here in Ontario from demanding to swipe our driver's licenses in order to buy cigarettes too.

Canadian F
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP