Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Mercury, Comet ISON and 2P Encke- Possible fragmentation event
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Just a few things I feel everybody should consider, doom or not

1. First, I will post screenshots of Comet Encke’s proximity to Mercury with the same/date time nasa provides in it’s closest approach data (11/18/13). You can find that data, and most other data used here at the link immediately below.

[link to ssd.jpl.nasa.gov]

These data relate to Nov 18th, 3 days prior to Encke’s perihelion or closest approach to the sun, slated for 11/21. This will be one day after November’s full moon, and Encke will have a distance of ~.025 AU from Mercury at this time.

[link to i1111.photobucket.com]

Since both ISON and Encke are estimated at approximately the same size, 3 miles, and that ISON had a recent close encounter with Mars on October 1st, I thought it would be interesting to compare what happened on Oct 1st to what may happen on the 18th. Mars actually turns out to be a good template, as you will see. ISON was ~.072 AU from Mars at it closest approach, about 3x farther than that of where Encke will be to Mercury.

mass density surface accel
Mars
.64174x10^24kg 3933kg/m3 3.69m/s2

Mercury
.3301x10^24kg 5427kg/m3 3.7m/s2

Both planets accelerate the same at the surface, but Mercury has half of Mars’ mass and is significantly more dense. This density, which WILL have an affect at the distance provided by nasa from Encke/Mercury, along with the potential for space weather, and ISON not far behind leaves some variables making it extremely hard to predict what could happen.

Real quick, I want to compare right ascension (RA) and declination (dec), which is essentially a latitude and longitude in space, for each of the close encounters.

ENCKE- RA=14h 17.9m , DEC=South 12 degrees, 47' Mercury-RA=14h 19.45m, DEC=South 11 degrees, 27’

ISON- RA=9h, 36.1m, DEC= 17 degrees, 28'
Mars- RA= 9h, 37.5m, DEC= 15 degrees, 37’

There were some subtle yet significant changes to ISON’s course following the passage of Mars. From what I can gather when comparing the numbers, especially with the probable lack of stability within Encke’s nucleus due to it’s terribly short 3.3 year orbital period, along with its guaranteed variable orbit there is a possibility of a break-up event here. With ISON right behind, and set to make it’s closest approach to earth on Dec. 26th, I would want to be prepared in case it decided to bring anything with it. This comet (Encke) has already been implicated in the Tunguska Event and a multiple impact event on the far side of the moon in 1975; causing seismic disturbances on earth and perturbing our ionosphere. This comet is not harmless. Pg 467, last paragraph in link below.

[link to books.google.com]

Things to consider when hoping Mercury will have no effect on Encke-

1. It just so happens on the morning of 11/18/13 Mercury will have its Greatest Elongation (West) of the year; meaning it will be visible at sunrise and brighter than any of the other 4 elongations that occurred this year. (mag=.3). What a perfect day to be in an irregular configuration; meanwhile Encke makes it’s closest approach around 5AM UTC, 12AM eastern.

Charged particles from Encke or even ISON (who’s perihelion is 7 days later on 11/28) could be accelerated as they interact with Mercury’s magnetotail. This could potentially cause a fragmentation to occur. As the article below will show you, Mars does not have this capability.

[link to onlinelibrary.wiley.com]

Maybe not as important, but Mercury comes out of retrograde on Nov 10th, and on the 18th will be in a “post retrograde shadow.”

Remember, Mercury is always depicted wearing a helmet with wings and carrying some kind of staff.

I will hope that the helmet isn’t symbolism for what I imagine that it is.
I challenge the reader to google image United States petroglyphs, take a look, then follow up and google image Asian petroglyphs. Essentially the same drawings, the same warnings, on 2 sides of the globe. They were trying to warn us.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP