Users Online Now: 2,104 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 2,228,354
Pageviews Today: 3,097,074Threads Today: 723Posts Today: 14,659
11:19 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Why do old people spend so much money trying to keep themselves alive?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message As I get older, I'm starting to realize there's not much point to extending my life way beyond my healthy years. I never go to the doctor for anything and even if I had cancer, I would probably just try to deal with it on my own with natural remedies instead of spending my life savings and my children's inheritance on medical bills.

It seems like people today are so disconnected with death and dying. Instead of accepting it and not letting the fear overwhelm them, they do everything they can to delay it at the expense of their own dignity. Are people so afraid of death? Religion contributes to this fear with the christian and catholic idea of hell and purgatory. We need to realize there is nothing to be afraid of.

When it is my time to go, I won't fight it, especially if it means spending thousands of dollars and being drugged 24/7. When I know I'm about to die, I want to go up to the mountains and sit in meditation. Maybe do some mushrooms or DMT to experience ego death a few more times to prepare my soul for departure. The last thing I want is to be a burden on anyone.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP