Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Democracy to Dictatorship.. the freeloaders are the cause
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I ran across a quote today that really struck home. Here is the quote:

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship." - Alexander Fraser Tytler

There is some debate if he really said it or not, but either way it really made sense to me. People will get to the point to where they won't care about democracy, as long as they get their free stuff.

There is an additional quote to go along with it:

"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to selfishness;
From selfishness to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage."

And where are we at? You got it, dependence.

I really do love my country, but man it just seems to get worse and worse each and every day. And there is no end in site. There seems to be a new scandal involving the White House or someone else in power every day. But still the people in power keep their position. People, in general, just don't give a shit as long as they get their free stuff. And the above quote spells it out. We are screwed.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP