Users Online Now: 1,674 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 40,879
Pageviews Today: 81,464Threads Today: 41Posts Today: 654
01:07 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject My story of how I fell under Obama's spell - How I helped him become President - and how I've seen the light.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I will admit this.

Please, before you give me bad karma, consider green because it has a happy ending. (Me love you long time...) NO no! Not that kind.....

So. In 2008 I'm a 24 year old young man - I'm SOOO angry at Bush! Just started getting involved in politics since I didn't go to college and get USED by the campaigns for credits (that's such a joke)

Well, the local DEC put me to work.

I was able to register 120 'Democrats' in a week.

Word spread.

Soon, I was tapped by Alison M. The Vice-Chair of the FL DEM Party. Then I had a meeting with Steven Schale, the 2008 campaign stratagist for Obama. (He's went on to work for A.G. campaigns and in FL we vote for State-Wide "Agriculture Commissioner" (Putnam left the Federal House of Reps. to become an AGRICULTURE COMMISSIONER) -- Step down? Nah. Closer to the Executive.

Anyhow, so Steve sat down with me and said you're a great guy. We've seen your work. We need you to go to the I-4 corridor (That's where Florida goes from RED TO BLUE) right around Orlando - and we need to WORK WORK WORK and register Democrats!

Then, he pulled out a Voter Registeriation form, he said "Do you see the black boxes?" There were 19 questions, I believe? Give or take. Only 8 boxes were highlighted BLACK.

"People only need to fill out the BLACK PORTION for it to be legal, and signed." He pointed to the "Party Affiliation" line "Notice this isn't black. If you can rush them, and tell them it will only take 2 minutes of their time - " He sorta of smiled and implied, that he was implying, that I understood what he was trying to make me understand.

I nodded.

"$400 a week stipend. We need you to be in Polk County, FL." I nodded. "You'll be a Field Organizer."

I nodded. Excited. THIS IS IT! I'm BREAKING INTO POLITICS!

So I found an apartment in POLK COUNTY and reported to the local DEC; whom then told me that the nearest OFA office is 18 miles on I-4 and I need to be there.

I see Steve again. and Alison.

I'm handed literally 1,500 voter registration forms.

"Do what you have to do - register voters. The more Democrats you get to register, the more will we reward you. Gift cards, money - meeting the Senator - and if he wins - well, you could be celebrating with us in D.C."

I went to work.

I was the third highest producer with my half-dozen interns in the State.

Rewarded with a trip to the official Inaugural Youth Ball.

JAY-Z, Kanye West, Kid Rock, Fall Out Boy - lots of other "Big Bands/Names" playing. It was held at the Hilton, ironically, where Reagan was shot.

It was SPELL BINDING. I remember CRYING chanting YES WE CAN, YES WE CAN - about 50 OF US in a room on that Tuesday in November, watching all the TV's - First, Florida went BLUE.

I cried. We all chanted YES WE CAN!

Then, Wolf Blitzer said "CNN CAN CONFIRM THE NEXT PRESIDENT WILL BE ILLINOIS SENATOR BARACK OBAMA"

Crying of happiness! Joy! Yes!

(looking back... it was almost like a spell)

after I got to pretend I was a big-wig, I returned back to my Tampa Bay County, and the DEC applauded me - and - well, the DEC is the sandbox of politics so I quickly lost interest and started hearing about this "Tea Party" group.

Soon I was reading stuff like He's not from America, his parents met at a RUSSIAN LANGUAGE class.... "This is all racist nonsense..."

Holy shit was I in for a wake up call. By 2011 I was NPA (No Party Affiliation) going crazy with the LIBERTY MOVEMENT - and 'WATCH THE VOTE' - along with my Freelance writing - I was bashing Obama. I was LIBERTY MINDED now, everything I've read on GLP from people who are LIKE-MINDED - EVERYTHING, I researched... just EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GUY DIDN'T ADD UP.

Yet, even to this day - if I watch that video of him in 2008 walking out to the screaming crowd - I get chills.

YES WE CAN has some sort....

I don't know. I can't explain it.

The entire "CHANGE we can believe in" Just all these slogans and chants and logos and.... I felt like I belonged, all these people in college getting credits, who are just a few years younger than me, looking up to me as if I'm a Demi-God because I've shook hands with the (then) Senator at least 3 times.

Looking back...

I just.

Wow.

Liberty.

ACA is a joke.

I'm sorry I did this. Yet, FL still went Blue in 2012 and I was working as hard as I could to stop that.

Now? It's scary.

Now? I'm even more awake. Concerning CONgress, the Exuective Branch - how they WANT to keep us divided with a silly "two party system" as if everything is "Yes or No"

Yet, wow. Looking back to 2008 I can't get over how.... Under a spell I felt. How euphoric that chant felt.

Whoever early said "Magic" or "Voodoo" or whatever -

I believe it.

That's my story,
I'm sticking to it.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP