Users Online Now: 2,425 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 942,097
Pageviews Today: 1,293,972Threads Today: 365Posts Today: 6,017
10:51 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject NFL player confession. All games are rigged.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Sure, I bet I'm going to get a lot of "fake" accusations over this, but there's no way I'm going to identify myself here, so either believe it or don't.

I play football professionally. Not going to say which team, position, or number of years playing.

In case you didn't already assume this, the culture of drug use is rampant. Everyone in the league, and I mean everyone, uses PED's. We have to in order to perform at the level we're expected to perform; it's literally an unwritten, unspoken part of the contract. If someone decides to be captain moral high ground jackass and refuses to use them, they'll end up being marginalized by the coaching staff and looked down upon by the rest of the guys for not contributing in every way they should be.

Contrary to popular belief, the league doesn't test for them, besides a few specific substances, and everyone knows the routine and how to beat it.

What I hate most however (and this may sound contradictory given the first thing, but it isn't and I'll explain why) is the degree to which games or point differentials are fixed. Everyone knows it happens, but most people aren't aware of how often it happens. It's way, way, way more common than most people are aware of. Players laugh about it like it's all a big joke and it pisses me off.

I've participated in a couple of fixed games. I absolutely hate myself for it, it is a lot bigger of an issue for me than the PED use. I feel like I am shitting all over the sport that I love and it isn't fair to the fans who pay to see what they think is a genuine game.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP