Users Online Now: 1,909 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 910,399
Pageviews Today: 1,501,699Threads Today: 593Posts Today: 9,726
03:35 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Discussion with pastor last night...
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Wednesday is "hot topics" night at the Church (non-denominational) that I started going to 34 weeks ago.

Last night discussion was "should the Church be involved in politics". I was ready with info on 501(c)3 and how lyndon Johnson used it to shut up the Church and get the mouth of politics. I guarantee that of the 20 people there, nobody knew anything about 501's and how it affects the Church. When I mentioned it, the pastor answered me, but it was like I didn't even mention 501's. It was a sort of... non-answer.

Long story short, the message was "don't be involved in politics. It's a distraction".

I was not surprised. What could I expect except for the pastor to defend the status quo? Don't get me wrong, he's a nice guy (too nice) who's young, but has been round the block. He's not a straight to seminary guy. Had hard times with alcohol and such before turning his life around.

In my opinion, this is exactly what is wrong these days. Is it any wonder that state by state, gay "marriage" is being legislated, among things?

After the meeting, the pastor pulled me into his office. He just wanted to chat. I reiterated some of my points, and more. Funny how the lone dissenter gets pulled aside. He was not chastising me or telling me to not talk about it, he just was reinforcing his point. We disagreed.

History is full of pastors that were involved. The Black Regiment, Dietrich Bonhoeffer (just read his book)...

What do you guys think?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP