Users Online Now: 1,800 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 925,367
Pageviews Today: 1,822,022Threads Today: 757Posts Today: 15,763
08:17 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Sometimes I think we're in hell.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This world seems to be beyond all hope. Not the planet itself, nor the animals and plant life, but humanity just seems broken beyond repair. Aside from the small amount of light I have seen--the real love that may exist sometimes in families or between loved ones--it is overshadowed and drowned out by the darkness. War, murder, torture, rape, etc. The world's filled with vile injustices met with apathy. The ones who can really make a difference choose not to, and instead serve their own interests. Maybe this is because you don't get into a position where you can actually do something about injustice by caring about injustice? I don't know for certain.

When I look at the world, sometimes it reminds me of a lunatic asylum that is run by its inmates.

And then you have beliefs. Religion. Usually the cause of all this madness, or so it would seem. Yet, where is God in all this? I am reminded of Al Pacino in The Devil's Advocate (yes, probably a terrible movie, but it speaks the point well). "He's an absentee landlord!" Or maybe God doesn't exist at all, and humanity will eventually destroy itself. At the rate we're going I have absolutely no doubt that this is an eventuality.

Maybe those stories about the demiurge are true. Or maybe this is hell. I used to see a light, but that light has gone dim. I hope I am wrong.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP