Users Online Now: 1,143 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 243,887
Pageviews Today: 311,046Threads Today: 64Posts Today: 1,006
02:40 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I stopped taking Zyprexa and Prozac and now only smoke marijuana for my bipolar I
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message For years I used to speak badly about pharma and the psych agenda.

As a funny twist, I found myself getting diagnosed as bipolar I severe with psychotic features, and being put on 15mg of Zyprexa and 40mg of Prozac. I ate that poison for two years.

Being labelled with this illness was quite a change in my life. My family basically said eat the meds or your out! so I complied, as I feared being alone more than anything.

So if anything happened, or if I spoke out against anything or offered up an opinion of anything, it was shrugged off by my loved ones as a delusion or fantasy. It's like the whole world has changed it's view on you and nothing is ever the same.

It's like living in the Twilight Zone.

Despite it all, I finally decided exactly a month ago to stop taking the meds and smoke pot only instead, and the results are as follows-

At first, it was kind of rough. I felt very emotional and felt a lot of anxiety when I first quit cold turkey, but it only lasted for a couple of weeks.

I hate working, and can barely hold a job. I have been fired from every job I have ever had over the last 20 years of my life, and that equates to about 8 jobs.

When I was on the Zyprexa, I would still feel anxiety a lot, especially before work. It was as if the drug was not doing much at all for me. With my history of drug abuse, my doc would never give me xanax or any benzo for the anxiety.

Now I feel no anxiety at all, even before I go to work. A couple of puffs before work and I am good. I have even been given more hours and more responsibility at work, hopefully leading to more pay.

My OCD thought patterns also get dissipated when I smoke weed. I don't fret and worry over the stupid daily things in my life that can be debilitating at times. When I was taking the Zyprexa, I would still get carried away in my thoughts, and again, it was as if the medicine was doing nothing at all.

I now sleep better than I have ever slept in my life. When I first started taking the Zyprexa, my pdoc also had me on Trazadone, and I would sleep a rock solid 12 hours a night. After a year, I could not sleep on the stuff at all so I stopped taking the Trazadone.

This is when I began to smoke weed to help me sleep. It worked like a charm, and I am so grateful for this herb.

I even told my doc about the smoking and she would just laugh... and let me tell you why.

So now I am without health insurance, and it costs me $100 for a 15 minute visit with my psych doctor. That's right, $100 for 15 minutes! Of course she was laughing about my pot habit!

Now, not wanting to cough up the cash for this woman to sign off on me taking more poisons for another month, I decided enough is enough, and I could not be happier with the results.

Do I recommend this path for everyone? You have to walk it to live it, and living it is the only way to find out. I say go for it.

Thank you for reading, I had to get this off of my chest, and being the recluse I am, I had no where else to put this.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP