Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Steve Irwin's Memorial Service to be held on 9/20
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Steve Irwin's Crocoseum to Host Memorial Service
Croc Hunter charity condemns revenge killing of 10 stingrays

Email Article Print Article Michael Clough (clough)

The family of Steve Irwin, the TV star and conservationist killed by a stingray barb last week, have announced that a memorial service will be held next Wednesday, Sept. 20 at Australia Zoo on Queensland's Sunshine Coast.

Initial rumors had the service being held at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium but the family decided that the family zoo would be a far more appropriate location, despite the fact that the main stage area (called the Crocoseum) where the service will be held, will only take 5,500 people.

Reading from a written statement from daughter-in-law Terri, Irwin's father Bob Irwin, told the media on Wednesday that the service will be held on Sept. 20 at Australia Zoo at 9a.m. local time (+10 GMT).

"I cannot see how a memorial service would work in any other place other than the Crocoseum which he built here at the zoo and of which he was so proud," Terri Irwin said in the written statement.

"I would therefore ask that everyone please bear with me in this wish and help me to make this happen."

Speakers at the service will include Bob Irwin, John Stainton who was his producer and business manager, as well as the "Croc Hunter's" daughter Bindi.

Large screens will be erected in Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast and it is expected that the service will be screened live on TV to the homes of millions of fans across Australia, North America and Asia.

In news that would have sickened Steve Irwin, Queensland Police have reported that up to 10 stingrays have been found killed on local beaches, each with their tails cut off

"We just want to make it very clear that we will not accept and not stand for anyone who's taken a form of retribution. That's the last thing Steve would want," said Michael Hornby, director of Irwin's charity Wildlife Warriors.

"Stingrays are beautiful creatures and play an important role for the environment."

"I hope everyone understands we have to protect wildlife now more than ever. This is what Steve was all about." Mr Hornby said.

Sadly it appears that some people have not heeded the message that was the life's work of Steve Irwin.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP