Users Online Now: 1,538 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 140,220
Pageviews Today: 190,162Threads Today: 51Posts Today: 816
01:36 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Viewing Comet C/2006 P1(McNaught) is BREATHTAKING to say the least!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message The best words I can really use to describe seeing comet (McNaught) C/2006 P1 Tuesday evening(NZDT) is SPECTACULAR and awesome beyond the imagination. I now "understand" what some of the excitement, at the passing of this comet, is all about. Wow you guys in the northern hemisphere were right.....THIS BABY LOOKS HUGE!!

To ALL you glpers out there that reside in the southern hemisphere!!.......(weather permitting of course) whatever you do DON'T miss seeing this dazzling event. I had the pleasure of witnessing the most brilliant comet to be seen in New Zealand skies since apparently 1975.

Info for Kiwi viewers here:
[link to www.rasnz.org.nz]
[link to www.rasnz.org.nz]

From around 9pm last night(Monday NZDT) for approx 15 minutes I was able to witness(naked eye)the brilliant
comet(in the twilight)with its HUGE tail spreading out vertically above it in our sky. The view in the binoculars was even more spectacular and breathtaking to say the least!!
Unfortunately cloud cover soon ended the thrill of the moment. This evening(Jan 17th) cloud cover was way too thick in my part of our country. However tomorrow Thursday evening I'm off to observe this "hopefully" still brilliant comet McNaught. However last night's 15 minutes of unobstructed observation of this comet "giant" has left this Loneranger with a NEW appreciation for things astronomical!!

awesome awesome awesome 1
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP