Users Online Now: 2,058 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 540,965
Pageviews Today: 864,793Threads Today: 348Posts Today: 5,469
09:17 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Disappearing UFOs - Sightings have fallen off so much, many UFO groups are closing their doors.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I am posting this as a new thread for all the dumb asses who said BS in my thread above:

Mystery...Before everyone had a cell (camera) phone......everyone saw UFO's.

This comes from a UFO site. About Facts Net.

neener

-------------------------------

Disappearing UFOs

What is going on around the world? UFO sightings have fallen off significantly, to the point that even some ufo groups are closing their doors for lack of sightings. I am not saying that there are no ufo sightings anymore, but I am saying that there are a lot less and in some areas hardly any. Why, all of a sudden, would sightings just stop in some places? I guess this would depend on what you believe in the first place. If you believe that ufos are experimental secret aircraft then you have to conclude one of several things:

1. The budget crisis in this country has caused us to cut back on the flights and development of these type of aircraft
2. We have been working feverishly on visual camouflage for planes and maybe we succeeded and there are just as many flights as always but we can't see them.
3. Maybe the public is getting weary of ufos and doesn't look to the skies as much anymore.

If you are a believer, or at least someone that suspects that some ufos are extraterrestrial, then you may have to conclude:

1. Maybe the aliens are losing interest in us for some unknown reason
2. Maybe they have decided to hide their craft better from our prying eyes, after all there have been reports that indicate that many hidden ufos become visible during an eclipse for some reason.
3. Maybe the aliens have accomplished their objective and have cut the size of their forces.
4. Maybe the aliens all moved to other places of interest of which there are less. If you saw hundreds of ufos in one spot that might be only one sighting statistically, and counted the same as if you saw one ufo somewhere else.

Could it be that people around the world are getting so sophisticated that many things that were mistakenly identified as ufos are now realized for what they are, such as balloons, blimps and planes. I really don't think that this is the case but I thought that I would throw this out as a possibility.

Another theory is that we are just in a statistical valley and the amount of sightings may increase in the future. If one were to look at statistics for ufo sightings in 1950 they would notice that there were only 338 which was less than two thirds of what it was in 1947, so there is some historical precedence for the numbers falling. Amounts of sightings do change from year to year. In 1967 the Air Force experienced what was called the Great Wave of sightings. NICAP (National Investigations Committee On Aerial Phenomena) received 3,340 reports of ufo sightings. It was felt that 273 of these sightings could not be explained. This was an increase from the year before, 1966, in which the organization had experienced the second largest flood of ufo reports, 1,112 of which hundreds of cases were unexplained.

Does our environment account for sightings. Just for fun I checked the movies released in 1967 and couldn't find a big SciFi Movie. The same was true for 1966. Next I went to books for 1967 There wasn't much here either except for Logan's Run which really wasn't about ufos but more about a dark future for the Earth. In 1966 there were best sellers titled The Menace From Earth, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress, Planet of Exile and Rocannon's World. Could these stories have sparked enough interest in the heavens to create the second and first greatest wave of ufo sightings? Your guess is as good as mine, but while it is possible, I think a big film would have generated more interest.

Many sightings have been reported around the India, Chinese borders. Could the concentration of ufos have moved to that area? Some people are saying that they have seen ufos going under the ground there. Another spot that seems to be active is the area in the ocean where there is volcanic activity. Again people state that they have seen ufos diving into the water. This is not as unusual as it sounds as a ufo was chased by the Americans and Canadians under the water for about a week at Shag Harbor in 1967. It had seemed that the ufo was damaged but over time it was able to repair itself and take off again. Divers who were sent down said off the record, that it was not from earth. As a matter of information, Canada averaged about 470+ sightings for years, until this year when the sightings seem to be decreasing, but we won't know for sure until the year is over and the statistics come out.

The number of ufo sightings in Norway has fallen to an all time low of 13. The year before there had been 26 sightings and this was down from previous years. It strange, but I still get reports on the internet that some areas that have less sightings really have more. I don't understand this conflict in statistics unless some ufo groups are trying to keep interest up. The British Flying Saucer Bureau was a fifty year old organization that recently shut down because there were so few ufo sightings. Less and less people came to the monthly meetings until it just wasn't worth while holding them anymore.

A recent study suggests that ufo sightings decrease in the winter. This is a new one on me. Could it be that people just do not sit outside in the winter and therefore don't check the sky as much? Even the famous Steven Spielberg is cited as being puzzled by the fact that ufo sightings have decreased from twenty years ago, or so it is said. I have no proof that Mr. Speilberg actually feels this way, but it was said he did. It goes on to say that we now have such advanced technology that enables us to record ufos that this make the decreases even more mysterious.

So what is happing? Why aren't those hundreds of millions of video cameras and digital cameras capturing images of ufos? As I said before, your guess is as good as mine?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP