Users Online Now: 1,513 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 26,914
Pageviews Today: 50,129Threads Today: 27Posts Today: 247
12:26 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Are you hearing and feeling any rumbling coming from underneath the ground in your area?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message My wife and I, my older brother, and my mom and stepdad have all noticed that there is a sound and a feel of rumbling coming from underground that occurs a few times a day. (My younger brother lives in the city of Raleigh and has not noticed it) This started about a year ago and is more frequent recently. It almost feels as if heavy machinery like a dumptruck were moving back and forth about 30 feet underground. It is not very frequent at each of our locations, varying between 1-3 times a day.

You can hear it and feel it. It sounds and feels like a fully-loaded dumptruck going by on a street close by your location. -> Except with this, it feels and sounds like it is coming from beneath you. Also, when you go outside, you can actually hear and feel it less- and there is clearly nothing outside above ground causing it- go back inside and you can hear and feel it a little better. It just has a feeling and sound so that you know that it is coming from underground.

The sound and feeling feels like it is getting closer and closer to you, and then it dies and ceases fairly quickly, usually all lasting about 10-20 seconds.

[We live in Eastern North Carolina just East of Raleigh and we dont have earthquakes often. We only have felt ones maybe once or twice in 10 years, and they are usually very light. The last felt one we had was 2 years ago and was centered near Richmond, Va.]

Have any of you noticed this rumbling from underground also? It is very unusual and has us a little intrigued.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP