Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject What is the difference
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message What is the difference between forgiveness, deliverance, redemption and salvation?

Keep in mind that...
Redemption is a concept referring to forgiveness or absolution for past sins and protection from eternal damnation.

And, that...
Salvation is the act of being saved from something..
something such as suffering or punishment for sin, afterlife, being saved through a process of healing or transformation to wholeness.

And...
that saving from an afterlife is called redemption and that saving from suffering or punishment of sin is called deliverance.

Now, with that said. Is it not that forgiveness is the same as redemption, that redemption is the same as salvation, and that salvation is the same as deliverance? So, does this not mean that deliverance, redemption and salvation are the same as forgiveness? And, that if they are all they same, and that according to another post, if a Christian prays and asks for forgiveness, they are forgiven. So, no matter what I do, when I do it, where I do it...if I ask for forgiveness, I am forgiven. Yet, I have been told that forgiveness, redemption, salvation and deliverance are not the same thing. So, what is the difference between the four? Because, according to the definitions of the words themselves they are one in the same.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP