Users Online Now: 1,806 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 420,720
Pageviews Today: 681,872Threads Today: 223Posts Today: 4,189
08:27 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Collected Quotes to Inspire, Uplift and Encourage -- Compiled by Wayne county Michigan Militia
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message "Unarmed hand-to-hand fighting does not change through the ages; only the name changes, and it has only one rule: do it first, do it fast, do it dirtiest."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Sci-fi author

If something can go wrong, FIX it! (To hell with Murphy.) When in doubt, THINK! If you can't win, change the rules. If you can't change the rules, ignore them. The squeaky wheel gets canned. Do things by the book, but be the author. If you can't beat 'em, join'em then beat'em. Everything in your life is based on something else and in order to live a full life you must find what lies at the root of all else. For me, it's my self.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas."
-- Joseph Stalin

"It is criminal to teach a people not to defend themselves if they are the constant victims of brutal assualt."
-- Malcom X

"'There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one MAKES them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. ... Create a nation of law-breakers, and then you cash in on the guilt.'"
-- Ayn Rand "Atlas Shrugged"

"Q: What is the difference between the BATF and the Gestapo?"
"A: BATF agents speak English."

Gun control laws don't die, people do.

"There are two types of people in the world, and I'm one of them."

"The way to a man's heart is through his chest."

"The defensive firearm is a special-purpose piece of safety rescue equipment, designed to extricate a person... from the immediate threat of savagely violent crime. It is like the fire extinguisher.... Neither piece of equipment will do you any good if you don't know how to use it or are not psychologically prepared to face danger with that gear in your trained hands in a terror situation."
-- Massad Ayoob, Handgun Primer

Never underestimate the will of the downtrodden to lie flatter.

The Brady Act is a classic case of looking for your keys under the convenient street lamp rather than in the dark alley where you actually lost them.

You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You might not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home the first two things you’re going to do are: 1) Call someone with a gun. 2) Pray they get there in time.

"A well-regulated people, being necessary for the security of the ruling class, the rights of the citizens to keep and bear arms, shall be denied."

"25 States allow anyone to buy a gun, strap it on, and walk down the street with no permit of any kind: some say it's crazy. However, 4 out of 5 US murders are committed in the other half of the country: so who is crazy?"
-- Andrew Ford

"The first thing you have to do is disarm the people. A disarmed public can't fight back"
-- Adolf Hitler

When only the police have guns, it's called a Police State.

Over 65 million American gun owners didn't hurt anyone today.

Life, Liberty and Happiness are nothing without the means to defend them.

"No, the *really* funny part is that the bayonet lug is okay, as long as you don't have along with it a grenade launcher, a folding stock, or a pistol grip. Only combinations of *two or more* of these features are banned. If instead your rifle has *only* a grenade launcher (or a pistol grip, or a folding stock, or a bayonet lug), your rifle has the blessings of Congress as being a friendly, non-banned, non-assault weapon. I am not making this up."
[email protected] (Dan Day)

"Unarmed people make good corpses."
-- Pol Pot

A rose by any other name would likely be "deadly thorn-bearing assault vegetation."

"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling in terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? [...] The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!"
-The Gulag Archipelago, A. Solzhenitsyn. Chapter 1 "Arrest", fn. 5.

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
-- E.R. Murrow

You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad.
-Aldous Huxley

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
-Beverly Sills

You become a champion by fighting one more round. When things are tough, you fight one more round.
-James Corbett

Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it's when you've had everything to do, and you've done it.
-Margaret Thatcher

Your biggest challenge isn't someone else. It's the ache in your lungs and the burning in your legs, and the voice inside you that yells "CAN'T", but you don't listen. You just push harder. And then you hear the voice whisper "can". And you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are.
-Unknown

It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.
-Vince Lombardi

Here is a test to find whether your mission on earth is finished: If you're alive, it isn't.
-Illusions, Richard Bach

Truth is not only violated by falsehood; it may be outraged by silence.
- Henri-Frédéric Amiel

Heresy is only another word for freedom of thought.
- Graham Greene

How many gun control advocates does it take to change a light bulb? ----- None, they just pass a law against burned out bulbs and then walk away wondering how come it’s still dark.

God will not have his will manifest by cowards.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I expect nothing. I fear no one. I am free.
- Nikos Kazantzakis

If fear alters behavior, you're already defeated.
- Brenda Hammond

It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
-Seneca

It often requires more courage to dare to do right than to fear to do wrong.
-Abraham Lincoln

It's all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.
-Dr. Rob Gilbert

Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man.
-Bertrand Russell

Don't just stand there -- do something!
-Anonymous

Either I will find a way, or I will make one.
-Philip Sidney

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble-makers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status-quo. You can quote them. Disagree with them. Glorify, or villify them. But the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
-Unknown to me

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.
-Voltaire [François Marie Arouet] (1694-1778)

Give to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself--that is my doctrine.
-Thomas Paine (1737-1809)

Freedom is not empowerment. Empowerment is what the Serbs have in Bosnia. Anybody can grab a gun and be empowered. It's not entitlement. An entitlement is what people on welfare get, and how free are they? It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights -- the `right' to education, the `'right' to health care, the `right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery -- hay and a barn for human cattle. There's only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.
--P.J. O'Rourke,
American writer and humorist.

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat.
--President Theodore Roosevelt

I have not failed. I have merely found 10,000 ways that won't work.
-Thomas A. Edison, American Inventor

There is no talent so ardently supported, nor generously rewarded, as the ability to convince parasites they are victims.
-Thomas Sowell

The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt.
-John Philpot Curran

We shall fight on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!
- Winston Churchill

No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand. The Centauri learned this lesson once. We will teach it to them again. Though it take a thousand years, we will be free.
-G'Kar, Babylon 5, "The Long, Twilight Struggle"

Obey the law merely because it is the law? Obey for its own sake? Obey the government simply because it is the government? No...
Think because you are able. Resist for its own sake. Defy the government simply because it is the government. That sounds much better…
-Lee Miracle

You have brains in your head
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself
Any direction you choose
You're on your own
And you know what you know
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go
- Dr. Seuss

Forward, as occasion offers. Never look round to see whether any shall note it.... Be satisfied with success in even the smallest matter, and think that even such a result is no trifle.
-Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

No matter what I do, someone is going to hate me for it, so I might as well do it anyways.
-Thomas Shank

False is the idea of utility... that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils, except the destruction of liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.
- Voltaire

Nothing pains some people more than having to think.
--Martin Luther King, Jr.

The dictate of the light says: Know yourself and what you are. The dark replies, By all means, but then become afraid.
- Tanith Lee

Be brave. Even if you're not, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference.
- unknown

If the only tool you have is a hammer, you are sure to see every problem as a nail.
- Abraham Masclot

Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule-- and both commonly succeed, and are right.
- H. L. Mencken

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
- Charles Robert Darwin

...some men are not born with saddles on their backs, nor others booted and spurred to ride them by the grace of God.
- Thomas Jefferson

Americans need never fear their government because of the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation.
--James Madison

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.
- James R. Cook

How they rage, they who cannot control my dynamic energy; how they spit and howl; how they roar and scream. They cannot accept this, the absolute, immutable fact of my human energy: It is mine, and mine alone.
- Lee Miracle

They can take, by force as the case too often proves to be, the PRODUCTS of your energy. They can plunder what you have sown, by force as the case too often proves to be. But THAT you have produced, that you have sown anything at all, these are circumstances over which you, and no other, are the master.
- Lee Miracle

You are free, damn you, all of you. Completely and totally free. Realize this, and your enemies can only waste their efforts.
- Lee Miracle

If there were ever a time to dare, to make a difference, to embark on something worth doing, it is now. Not for any grand cause, necessarily- but for something that tugs at your heart, something that's your aspiration, something that's your dream. You owe it to yourself to make your days here count. Have fun. Dig Deep. Stretch. Dream big. Know, though, that things worth doing seldom come easy. There will be good days. There will be times when you want to turn around, pack it up, and call it quits. those times tell you that you are pushing yourself, that you are not afraid to learn by trying. Persist. Because with an idea, determination, and the right tools, you can do great things. Let your instincts, your intellect, and your heart guide you. Trust. Believe in the incredible power of the human mind. Of doing something that makes a difference. Of working hard. Of laughing and hoping. Of lazy afternoons. Of lasting friends. Of all the things that will cross your path this year. The start of something new brings the hope of something great. Anything is possible. There is only one you. And you will pass this way only once. Do it right.
- Macintosh ad from 1991

"Our doubts are traitors,
And make us lose the good we oft might win
By fearing to attempt."
- William Shakespeare

Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I may not forget you.
- Sir William Arthur

America wasn't founded so that we could all be better. America was founded so we could all be anything we damned well pleased.
– P. J. O'Rourke in Rolling Stone

Individual rights are the means of subordinating society to moral law.
- Ayn Rand, 1963

If an individual is born with the obligation to obey, who is born with the right to command?
- Tom G. Palmer
"Myths of Individualism," Cato Policy Report, 1996

What luck for the rulers that men do not think.
- Adolf Hitler

The first duty of a revolutionary is to get away with it.
- Abbie Hoffman

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously.
- Hubert H. Humphrey

You do not destroy an idea by killing people; you replace it with a better one.
- Edward Keating

The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer.
- Henry Kissinger

Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote.
- George Jean Nathan

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
- Harry S Truman

Never argue with a fool - people might not know the difference.
- anonymous

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson

The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
- Samuel Adams

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams, Debates of 1776

They that would give up essential liberty for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
- Benjamin Franklin

The right to bear arms is not granted by the Constitution; neither is it in any manner dependent upon that instrument for its existence. The second amendment means no more than that it shall not be infringed by Congress, and has no other effect than to restrict the powers of the national government.
- U.S. v. Cruikshank, 92 u.s.542, 2 Otto 542, 23 L.Ed. 588 (1875)

Until the second amendment is repealed, people have a right to own guns. Until the first amendment is repealed, people have the right to free speech, press, and religious choice. That's politics. That's tolerance. That's compromise. That's cooperation. That's the Constitution. That's life.
--Peter McWilliams
Ain't Nobody's Business If You Do

"A lot of people are waiting for others to be brave enough to do the things they think they should be doing"
- Sun bear, American Indian Shaman.

"The essense of a warrior is to build an indomitable spirit and an iron will; to believe you cannot fail in doing anything."
- Miyamoto Musashi,16th century master swordsman.

"Warriorship does not refer to making war on others. Aggression is the source of our problems, not the solution. Warriorship is the tradition of human bravery, or the tradition of fearlessness."
- Chogyam Trungpa.

"So it is said that if you know others, and know yourself , you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know others but know yourself, you win one and lose one; If you do not know others and do not know yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle."
- Sun Tzu.

"Men should be judged, not by their tint of skin, The Gods they serve, the Vintage they drink, Nor by the way they fight, or Love, Or Sin, But by the quality of the thought they think"
- Laurence Hope.

"Set patterns, incapable of adaptability, of pliability, only offer a better cage. Truth is outside all patterns"
- Bruce Lee.

" All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was only vanity: but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."
- T.E. Lawrence.

" To dare, To Will, To Know, To keep silent, to imagine"
- old adage.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
-Wayne Gretzky

Don't tell me I'm burning the candle at both ends, tell me where to get more wax.

Sometimes, if you aren't sure about something, you just have to jump off the bridge and grow your wings on the way down.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
-Mark Twain

So far as a man thinks, he is free.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

One should forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.
-Heinrich Heine

Most people would rather die than think, in fact, most do.
-Bertand Russell

"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."
--Samuel Adams

"A man´s country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle."
--George William Curtis

"Patriotism is not so much protecting the land of our fathers as preserving the land of our children."
--Jose Ortega Y Gasset

"The gentlemen may cry, Peace, peace! But there is no peace. The war has actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that the gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
--Patrick Henry

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official, save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country. In either event, it is unpatriotic not to tell the truth, whether about the president or anyone else."
--Theodore Roosevelt

"The idea that 'the public interest' supersedes private interests and rights can have but one meaning: that the interests and rights of some individuals take precedence over the interests and rights of others."
--Ayn Rand

"Liberty has never come from the government.... The history of liberty is the history of resistance...a history of the limitation of governmental power, not the increase of it."
--Woodrow Wilson

"Now those who seek absolute power, even though they seek it to do what they regard as good, are simply demanding the right to enforce their own version of heaven on earth, and let me remind you they are the very ones who always create the most hellish tyranny."
--Barry Goldwater

"Who would be free themselves must strike the blow."
--Lord Byron

"Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or sovereign. ... You must weep that your own government, at present, seems blind to this truth."
--Agnes Gonxha Beiaxhiu, aka Mother Teresa

"You have rights atecedent to all earthly governments; rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws; rights derived from the Great Legislator of the Universe."
--John Adams

"Fear is the foundation of most governments."
--John Adams

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
--Frederic Bastiat

"The government is the potent omnipresent teacher. For good or ill it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. To declare that the end justifies the means -- to declare that the government may commit crimes -- would bring terrible retribution."
--Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis

"The time is now near at hand which must probably determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves; whether they are to have any property they can call their own; whether their houses and farms are to be pillaged and destroyed, and themselves consigned to a state of wretchedness from which no human efforts will deliver them. The fate of unborn millions will now depend on God, on the courage and conduct of this army. Our cruel and unrelenting enemy leaves us only the choice of brave resistance, or the most abject submission. We have, therefore, to resolve to conquer or die."
--George Washington, 1776

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster, and what has happened once in 6000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution, for if the American Constitution should fail, there will be anarchy throughout the world." --Daniel Webster

"Let not your children have reason to curse you for prostrating those institutions and giving up those rights which your fathers delivered unto you." --Matthias Burnet
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP