Users Online Now: 1,991 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 599,666
Pageviews Today: 783,359Threads Today: 229Posts Today: 3,167
06:55 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Solution to stop people poisoning my cats with deadly garden plants.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I have had several cats over the last few years all have suddenly fell very very i'll, and subsequently died a few days later. The vet says its a very rare virus that was last seen in the 1980s. But i am very sceptical of this and i think its a cover for the fact that he dosent want to admit, which is that the cat was poisoned probably by a toxic plant.
Previous to this i had a cat that lived at the same house for 11 years so i know its not any plants from my house.
I will get to the point after this information.

Here are certain plants, trees and shrubs that can cause your cat to vomit, become dehydrated and have diarrhea. Sometimes when a cat ingests a toxic plant, they can foam at the mouth or have excessive drooling followed by a be needy to drink lots of water. Their mouth can become red and irritated. In extreme cases, a cat can fall into a coma and die.
Outdoor plants can also pose generally of the same risks and some of the indoor plants. Symptoms can include, but are not limited to diarrhea, vomiting, dehydration, pain, and weakness, breathing difficulties and seizures and convulsions. Some of these plants and shrubs include larkspur, skunkweed, daffodils, foxglove, castor bean, almond plants, wild cherry, English holly, spinach, rhubarb, Jasmine, and pigweed. Other plants that can cause your cat to experience hallucinations include marijuana, nutmeg, peyote, and morning glories.

I have a strong suspicion that sadistic self-centred miserable selfish grumpy old neighbours that think their precious garden is far too important for any cat to do its business in, purposely grow these toxic plants to poison the poor helpless cats.

Now were there is a will there is a way, i must think of a way to counter this problem, so that i can bring up my next cat in a safe environment.

I just cant think of what to do, other than issue threats or letters to all neighbours stating that if i find out they have been poisoning my cats, they will A will have the RSPCA around to investigate and B i will personally see to it that they are punished for their crime.

What else can i do to stop this heartless poisoning of domestic cats. its not just my cats that have such short life spans around here, its all of them. By the way the recent cats have died within their first few weeks of playing and doing their business outside after i trained them to stop using the litter tray.

Sadistic replies will be ignored, but if there are any cat lovers out there that can help please respond.
Thankyou.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP