Users Online Now: 2,233 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,785,364
Pageviews Today: 2,625,636Threads Today: 717Posts Today: 14,879
09:21 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject IS JIMMY CARTER, JOE KENNEDY'S ILLEGITIMATE SON?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message IS JIMMY CARTER, JOE KENNEDY'S ILLEGITIMATE SON?

[link to www.cloakanddagger.de]

Many years ago, During Carter's Presidency, I was seated in First Class on a trip from JFK to LAX. Seated next to me was a well dressed, well spoken gentleman of about 40. We started talking just to pass the time, and the man, (let's call him "Mike") mentioned that he was a DC Lawyer. We started talking politics, and it turns out that neither of us were happy with Jimmy Carter as President.

Mike rose to the occasion to tell me that the "in the know crowd" in Washington circles was aware of a Carter family secret. Mike let me in on it. Jimmy Carter was the biological son of Sen. Joe Kennedy! Cheeeze! He had my attention immediately.

Then he proceeded with the evidence. From his briefcase, Mike produced a few things. Among them were photo's of Jimmy Carter, Billy Carter, and Robert Kennedy. He asked which two looked like brothers. Hmmm, Jimmy and Robert. Billy bore no resemblance to Jimmy. Robert did. Next, he produced a weathered, well copied artice from a MA newspaper, possibly even the Cape Cod Times, I can't recall. In it, was the story of how Joe Kennedy's secretary, Lillian Carter, was returning to Plains GA. The story, as I remember it, did not mention the reason for her departure. Mike claimed it was because she was pregnant with Jimmy Carter. Mike then went over a few things. Jimmy Carter had no political connects of any importance in Plains, GA. He graduated from a small rural HS, and got a Congressional Appointment to The USNA, Annapolis MD. This was at a time when such appointments were as scarce as hen's teeth. It meant 4 years in Canoe U., far removed from the war, among other things. Upon graduation, after not really distinguishing himself, he was hustled into the nuclear submarine program, supposedly by Hyman Rickover, a very political Naval Officer, and an outspoken Democrat. Hmmm.

Upon finishing his rather undistinguised Naval career as a LCDR, Carter entered GA politics, and in no time, this nobody, son of a Peanut farmer, was Governor of GA. Hmmm. His next step was to the 39th President of the USA. A bit odd, perhaps, everything considered?

Suppose he was Joe Kennedy's son. Makes a lot more sense, doesn't it? Remember, Joe said he would put 2 son's in the Whitehouse?

We always heard of "MS. Lilian" during Carter's presidency, but I never heard a word about her husband.

Is it possible that somewhere in archives there is a copy of this story which appeared in a newspaper at the time?

I welcome serious replies and observations. I am not trying to be a wise-guy, just someone looking for a skeleton, or two.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP