Thread Locked 
Nym
User ID: 246272
Germany
06/03/2007 03:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
I met Hitler in 1967
On the outskirts of Ascension, Paraguay.

I was working as a junior rep for an oil company at the time and I was on leave for two weeks, just bumming around Uruguay and Paraguay, and one of the guys I knew at Procter & Gamble said I should come up and meet him at this dinner party they were having and prepare to have my mind blown.

Hitler was one of the nicest guys I ever met. He was very frail at the time but his English and his manners were perfect. He kept asking me about my favorite hobby (photography) and he said he would give me an old Leica he had, which he would send on to me at my main address in Montevideo. Never arrived though.

I have no idea when he died. 1970 in Argentina, rumor has it.

Thought you might like to know .... Just an oldie on his way out with cancer making a small internet confession before the curtain drops. :-)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 246170
United States
06/03/2007 03:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: I met Hitler in 1967
Interesting.
Disturbed

User ID: 2269
Netherlands
06/03/2007 03:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Did you ask him about the war, or what he did for a living after the war??

::damn2::
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2298
United States
06/03/2007 03:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
How did you know for sure it was the real Adolph Hitler?
Nym (OP)
Germany
06/03/2007 03:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Disturbed

Hello, Disturbed.

Quite honestly, I was too overawed to ask him very much at all. I mean, I was saying really dumb things like how bad the mosquitos could be and saying how well he looked (although he had a tremble and obviously wasn't in the least a healthy man.)

He kept his hand on my shoulder when he was talking and he would squeeze it every time he smiled, like he was making a point. He was not at all bitter and there was not the slightest hint that he was a fugitive. He was very relaxed and everyone was real kind and gentle to him.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 242394
United States
06/03/2007 03:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you study hitler you find he was a vegitarian and know to be a very generous man He did not like animals being killed. He just did not like Jews as we have been told
rev
User ID: 236498
United States
06/03/2007 03:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you study hitler you find he was a vegitarian and know to be a very generous man He did not like animals being killed. He just did not like Jews as we have been told
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 242394

Your post speaks for itself.

"as you have been TOLD"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 244389
United States
06/03/2007 03:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
was he stll sportin the stache ?
Nym (OP)
Germany
06/03/2007 03:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
How did you know for sure it was the real Adolph Hitler?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2298

Good question. He could have been a look-a-like and I have no way of proving that this was the real Hitler.

However, why would anyone go to so much trouble to scam a party of oil execs and local Paraguayan dinitaries and government types (the "Corellos")?

My friend and I dined on the experience for years and we both laughed it over whenever one of us said, "You know, we should tell someone." I did in fact tell my wife, whom I married in 1973, and she just fell about laughing, so I never went that route again.

I've read a lot of stuff about the "Hitler in South America" angle, and I do know that he had look-a-likes in case the Mossad came looking for him. One of the guys I used to know down there, who later worked for the Shell oil company, told me that the Israelis knew and were quite happy to let Hitler live out his last years in peace. Some kind of deal was struck in Washington, so they say. No idea why.
Disturbed

User ID: 2269
Netherlands
06/03/2007 03:57 PM
Report Abusive Post

Hello, Disturbed.

Quite honestly, I was too overawed to ask him very much at all. I mean, I was saying really dumb things like how bad the mosquitos could be and saying how well he looked (although he had a tremble and obviously wasn't in the least a healthy man.)

He kept his hand on my shoulder when he was talking and he would squeeze it every time he smiled, like he was making a point. He was not at all bitter and there was not the slightest hint that he was a fugitive. He was very relaxed and everyone was real kind and gentle to him.
 Quoting: Nym 246272

That's a missed opportunity!! Now we have to believe you on your word alone. With a bit more information we could start digging to look for evidence of your claim.
Nym (OP)
Germany
06/03/2007 04:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
was he stll sportin the stache ?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 244389

Yes, he still had it, although it was very white, like the hair on his head -- very fine and very white.

He was also wearing eyeglasses, although you could see immediately that this was Hitler.
Free Store
User ID: 158594
Canada
06/03/2007 04:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Hitler photo was taken during a “reunion” at the Lake McDonald Lodge in Glacier National Park, Montana, on August 27, 1997. According to Skorzeny, Adolph Hitler was alive and well in the U.S. in 1997!

Skorzeny did not stop there. He produced a photo of a young Skorzeny, Mengele, Bormann, and the family of George H. Scherff, Sr.. Seated in the midst of those in the photo was a young George H. Scherff, Jr., who, Skorzeny explained, was trained as a spy and sent to America to work for Adolph Hitler. “He was given false identification and adopted by Prescott Sheldon Bush as his “son,” George Herbert Walker Bush,” Skorzeny went on. “He forged a birth certificate in order to enter the military before he turned 18. He was 16 at the time.”

[link to freedom4um.com]
Nym (OP)
Germany
06/03/2007 04:09 PM
Report Abusive Post

Hello, Disturbed.

That's a missed opportunity!! Now we have to believe you on your word alone. With a bit more information we could start digging to look for evidence of your claim.
 Quoting: Disturbed

To be honest, when you're that age and you sudenly find yourself at an upmarket dinner party attended by all sorts of important industry people, you don't ask many questions. You just kind of ride the surreal wave, and that's what I did.

Hitler knew that I was dumbstruck and he did his best to reassure me and make me feel comfortable. He kept squeezing my shoulder as a father would to encourage a young boy to feel at ease and enjoy the conversation.

Considering everything that he did, it sounds terrible to say that at that particular moment I really loved that person. Certainly he made me feel loved and wanted and I came away from the experience really caring for him and concerned about his welfare.

I learned that many other people in my line of work had met Hitler in the late 1950s and throughout the 1960s, almost as if it were some kind of initiation rite for select young execs. None of them ever felt hostile toward him, so it seems he made a good impression on all who met him, despite his health.
bump 4 jesus

User ID: 235365
United States
06/03/2007 04:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Adolf died on Jan 5 71 in Paraguay with his gay lover at his side. its true.

bump 4 Eagles Nest
Peace to all
monadnock

User ID: 218511
United States
06/03/2007 04:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sure you did and I met Julius Caesar last week.
Captain Marjorie, US Army
[charlie]

User ID: 246286
Canada
06/03/2007 04:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
op, have you noticed how angela merkel's facial features are strikingly similar to adolph's?
i love it when kittehs ride me [link to www.youtube.com]
Nym (OP)
Germany
06/03/2007 04:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sure you did and I met Julius Caesar last week.
 Quoting: monadnock

Yeah, I know it sounds incredible, amd maybe he was just a look-a-like, but the experience was very real and the most fascinating thing that ever happened to me.

My tale is there because I wanted to tell it, because I've always wanted to tell it to more folks than just members of my immediate family ....and, maybe it was for real, maybe not, but for me it was 100 percent genuine and very, very moving.
Nym (OP)
Germany
06/03/2007 04:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
]
op, have you noticed how angela merkel's facial features are strikingly similar to adolph's?
 Quoting:

I haven't really studied her, Charlie. I don't think they're related though. :-)
HL Shancken

User ID: 246234
United States
06/03/2007 04:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
LThis Utall Btale Yis Awell Ntold, Kbut Ait
Pis, Unevertheless, Ta Itotal Nfiction.
A revolution worth joining. Holistic medicine's finest hour.
rev
User ID: 236498
United States
06/03/2007 04:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Great story OP!!

I'm glad the mods have a good intuitive BS-detector and this got pinned.

Can't wait to see stories like this of "I met Saddam Hussein"
*gun cocking sound*
I mean... Saddam's dead, we executed him!!!!
MO
User ID: 246176
United Kingdom
06/03/2007 04:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
WOW
monadnock

User ID: 218511
United States
06/03/2007 04:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
I met a guy at a nightclub in Philadelphia once who looked just like Albert Einstein. But that didn't make him Einstein.
Captain Marjorie, US Army
Nym (OP)
Germany
06/03/2007 04:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
I met a guy at a nightclub in Philadelphia once who looked just like Albert Einstein. But that didn't make him Einstein.
 Quoting: monadnock

But was your "Einstein" feted like royalty?

Until the day I die, I'll always ask myself if it was for real or if the guy was a look-a-like, and I guess I'll never know the answer to that question.

The only thing I had to go on is intuition -- and, boy, were all my senses fully awake! I knew, immediately and without the slightest doubt that the gentleman who spoke to me and who squeezed my shoulder was Hitler. I can't prove it, and I never will. But I just knew it.
HL Shancken

United States
06/03/2007 04:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
AI cmet ta igirl vfrom eVenus,
Mher einsides awere slined uwith rgold
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 179005
United States
06/03/2007 04:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
i believe you OP

i always knew Hitler seeked asylum in either South America of Neu Schwabenland in Antarctica but since it is a tad cold there, I can see why he chose South America.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 246296
Germany
06/03/2007 04:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Nym,

what was that dinner party like? What did you guys eat? who else was there? Who was the person that arranged and kind of guided the whole thing? Who was the "center person" of the pary and how was Hitler treated by everyone else?
Atma

User ID: 246284
United States
06/03/2007 04:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just an oldie on his way out with cancer making a small internet confession before the curtain drops. :-)
 Quoting: Nym 246272

Sorry to hear that Nym. I care more about your cancer than I do Hitler.
Nym (OP)
Germany
06/03/2007 04:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you for listening to my story. It feels good telling it to a wider audience, providing me with a sort of feeling of relief.

I've been toying with my small confession for years, ever since I went online back in 1997, but it just didn't feel right. Well, this old guy won't be around for much longer, and I guess there's a time and a place for everything.

Thanks, guys. And my thanks to your moderators too.
anonanon

User ID: 213149
United States
06/03/2007 04:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
And I met Elvis last week working as a greeter and shopping cart guy at Wal-mart.

He told me that he and Marilyn Monroe were living happily in the closest trailer park community. JFK visits them often too.
HL Shancken

United States
06/03/2007 04:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
"The communists must be prepared to make every sacrifice and, if necessary, even resort to all sorts of cunning schemes and stratagems, to employ illegal methods, to evade and conceal the truth... The practical part of communist policy is to incite one [enemy] against another... We communists must use one country against another.. My words were calculated to evoke hatred, aversion, and contempt... not to convince but to break up the ranks of the opponent, not to correct an opponent's mistake but to destroy him, to wipe his organization off the face of the earth. This formulation is indeed of such a nature as to evoke the worst thoughts, the worst suspicions about the opponent."---V. Lenin

Out of these 'Principles of Leninism' the contemporary Soviet concept of Dezinformatsiya, or disinformation, has evolved. The Russians define disinformation as 'the dissemination of false and provocative information.' As practised by the KGB, disinformation is far more complex than the definition implies. It entails the distribution of forged or fabricated documents, letters, manuscripts, and photographs; the propagation of misleading or malicious rumours and erroneous intelligence by agents; the duping of visitors to the Soviet Union; and physical acts committed for psychological effect. These techniques are used variously to influence policies of foreign governments, disrupt relations among other nations, undermine the confidence of foreign populations in their leaders and institutions, discredit individuals and groups opposed to Soviet policies, deceive foreigners about Soviet intentions and conditions within the Soviet Union, and, at times, simply to obscure depredations and blunders of the KGB itself. Disinformation operations differ from conventional propaganda in that their true origins are concealed, and they usually involve some form of clandestine action. For this reason, Soviet rulers always have charged their clandestine apparatus with primary responsibility for disinformation. --John Barron, KGB, 1974
big dick Cheney

User ID: 240168
United States
06/03/2007 05:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
He still might be alive

GLP