Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Riot police storm pub after a smoker lights up in protest to the ban
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message It wasn't exactly the dramatic finale one cricket fan was expecting.

Having installed himself in his local pub to watch England play India, John Vaughan was enraged when the channel was switched over to football just as the cricket was reaching its thrilling conclusion.
So Mr Vaughan lit up a cigarette in protest. When he refused to extinguish it, staff pressed a panic button behind the bar.

And a few minutes later six riot police officers wearing protective gear stormed the pub.

Mr Vaughan had been watching the one-day international at the Copper Pot pub in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, last month.

The game was about to finish when the channel was switched to the England versus Israel Euro 2008 football qualifier.

Mr Vaughan said yesterday: "The cricket only had ten minutes left, but the football wasn't even going to start for another 45 minutes.

"We complained but nothing happened. So I decided to light up out of protest.

"Staff told me I couldn't smoke, but I said I'd had enough of being pushed around by the Government.

"They pressed a panic button and the next thing I knew, there were six policemen in the pub and two outside."

No action was taken against demolition boss Mr Vaughan after he agreed to leave.

There was a big cheer round the pub from about 60 people, added Mr Vaughan, "and even the police found it quite amusing."

Warwickshire Police confirmed officers had been sent to the pub on September 8 following reports of a man "smoking and being aggressive".

A spokesman said: "They explained why he should not be smoking, asked him to leave and he did so happily."
[link to www.dailymail.co.uk]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP