Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Information from San Diego, California
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message San Diego currently is evacuating 500,000 people. I live close to Qualcomm Stadium, in Mission Valley, and am currently not under any mandatory or voluntary evacuation orders. We are keeping a close watch on the fires just in case they swing our way. Unfortunately, we are scheduled to move into our new place on the 25th...it is in Del Mar Heights - an evacuated area.

This is a huge fire. About a week prior to it starting, they showed preparations being made for it...they brought in additional planes, helicopters, made sure emergency response teams were prepared. Unfortunately, wind made it impossible for any support in extinguishing the fires from the air -

The people not affected by the fires so far, seem to be stepping up and offering any assistance they can. I, myself, am on my way to assist with injured and evacuated horses (and other large animals). It is my understanding in some of the evacuation assistance sites, large animals are basically tied to trailers and owners are having to stay with them. Anyway, I hope to help, if I can.

This site below has great information.... I only copied and pasted info on the Witch Fire, but the site information on all the California fires.

[link to www.calfires.com]

WITCH FIRE, SAN DIEGO COUNTY:
Acres Burned: 145,000
Percent Contained: 0%
Structures: 6,800 threatened; 375 damaged; 650 destroyed
State/Federal Assistance Granted: Governor’s Proclamation 10/21/07; FMAG
10/22/07

The Witch Fire , a State Responsibility Fire, is east of Ramona near Julian.

*The evacuation center is Poway High School located at 15500 Espola Road.
*Evacuations are in process for the town of Ramona and surrounding neighborhood on the north & east side of Ramona. Approximately 36,000 people have been evacuated in Ramona.
*The southern edge of fire is near San Diego County Estates and mandatory evacuations are in progress.
*The fire is also moving toward the direction of Poway and Lakeside.
*California Command Team 10 took over the fire 0600 hours on 10/22/07.
*The California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) reports San Diego County EOC advised that they have 2 horse shelters open at this time: 1) the Horse Park Center (East of Hwy 5 in Del Mar), which can hold up to 400 horses; and 2) the San Diego Fairgrounds, which will have stalls available with an unknown capacity at this time.
*San Diego Gas and Electric (SDG&E) reports about 378 homes without power in the Santa Isabel area and 12 homes without power in Potrero area.
*The cause is under investigation.
*FEMA Fire Management Assistance Grant was requested and approved.
*Per CAISO, line 13825 and 13804 were relayed. There is a concern because it could limit the output of Encina 138 bus.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP