Users Online Now: 1,752 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 548,194
Pageviews Today: 913,097Threads Today: 328Posts Today: 5,954
10:43 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I have pneumonia and I can't seem to get over it. Any suggestions?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I'll give a little background info about myself first. Regarding my health, I do just about everything right. I eat healthy. I drink a glass of spirulina and wheatgrass everyday. I take certain herbs every day. I even take a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses everyday. I'm very careful about what I put into my body. I don't eat junkfood. I don't drink soda pops. I don't use fluoridated toothpastes. I only use natural deodorants, shampoos, soaps, etc. I had one bad vice and that smoking, but I quit that as well.

By doing all of these things, I would have thought my immune system was in tip top shape. But about the 3rd week in September, I came down with the flu. It was a rough one. I had a fever, chills, and a deep cough for about 3 weeks. Then the deep cough in my chest turned into a dry cough in my throat. It seemed like the symptoms were going way, but I still didn't feel well. I just felt extremely tired and run down all the time.

About the second week in October, I felt a little pain in my left armpit and the left side of my breast bone. That went away after a couple of days and I didn't think much more about it. Then the last week of October, I was walking fast and got a sudden sharp pain in my left shoulder and the left side of my chest. A few days later I started getting this rushing feeling throughout the left side of my body. Sometimes I would have shoulder pain on that side, and sometimes my entire left side would feel numb. The rushing feeling I was getting made it feel like my heart was going to stop. I started to freak out so I went to the emergency room. They did an EKG and blood test, and took some chest X-rays. They couldn't find anything wrong. They said my heart and lungs looked fine. They thought my symptoms might be due to withdrawal since I had recently stopped smoking.

So I went home hoping I would get better, but I got worse instead. I started eating 5 fresh gloves of garlic a day. I tried olive leaf extract. I started consuming lots of fresh fruit and fruit juices. I was still getting the feeling my heart was going to stop, and I'd get so freaked out I'd run to grab some cayenne pepper and drink it down really fast in case I was having a heart attack. In the meantime, I started to get short on breath. Sometimes I could barely talk before running out of breath.

I ended up back in the emergency room last Tuesday night and once again they did an EKG, blood tests and chest X-rays. This time they found I had pneumonia. I'm sure I had it the first time I went too, because that was one of the things I suspected could be wrong with me. They said I have a little bit on my left side and they gave me some antibiotics. They gave me a print out with instructions, and the print out says that you should start feeling better in 2 or 3 days. Today is my 5th day on the antibiotics and I'm still feeling like crap. My breathing is a little better, but that's the only thing that has changed. I still feel weak, and I'm still getting that rushing feeling on the left side of my body at times that makes it feel like my heart is going to stop. And the entire left side of my body goes numb when this happens.

Shouldn't I be noticing an improvement with the antibiotics by now? I'm not a big fan of antibiotics anyway, but since I rarely ever take them, I was hoping they would work. I'm wondering if it's just taking them longer to work because I've had it for so long since the doctors didn't find it the first time I went to the emergency room.

I'm continuing to take my garlic, cayenne, and other natural things, and I'm worried and trying to prevent the spread of infection to my bloodstream. I have an appointment to see the doctor tomorrow, but I don't know how much he'll do for me. It's at some clinic because I don't have insurance. I've always been able to treat and heal myself naturally with herbs and food, but even this hasn't helped and I'm getting desperate. It's not been easy to write all this because I'm feeling that rushing feeling where it feels like my heart is going to stop right now, but I'm trying to ignore it. If anyone has any suggestions to help me get over this, I'm open to anything. I was even going to drink my own urine in the morning, until I read that you shouldn't do it if you're taking certain medications like antibiotics. But I'm to the point where I'm willing to try just about anything. I just want to get over this so I can get back to my once happy life.

To all who take the time to read this..thank you and God Bless!
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP