Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Help, my property is overrun with squirrels
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message My property is overrun with ground squirrels and I need to find a solution for the problem. There are about 350 in total. They are ruining drainage channels and eating my crops. There are no local areas to catch and relocate them and I cannot afford that anyway. I have to choose an alternative. Suggestions are welcome.

So far my options are:
1. State approved poison: Slow agonizing death over about 3 days, but will not harm other wildlife like owls and hawks.

2. Illegal poison: Kills them quickly, but not designed to be used for ground squirrels and may kill other wildlife.

3. Physical traps: Fairly humane, except half the time the animal is still alive in the trap.

4. Hunting/culling: Due to being near the city limits, this is the least desireable option as a human could be accidentally shot.

5. Predators: I have not heard of any predators that effectively kill ground squirrels.

Help, they are chewing at my door as we speak......
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP