Users Online Now: 1,596 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 389,946
Pageviews Today: 612,419Threads Today: 228Posts Today: 3,785
06:50 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I've been invited to join a secret society, seriously.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I recieved a letter about a month ago from a place claiming to be a secret society. In that letter, they claimed that they had looked at my 'profile', and that I possessed the qualities that they are looking for. They proceeded to tell me that they will send me the information about their secret society, "absolutely free!".

I was more than a bit curious, since the letter was addresses to me specificly, and I had only lived at this address for a few months. I had not forwarded my address from my last place of residence, and there was no way they could get the address from elsewhere, that I know of.

So, out of curiousity, I replied to them, with a few questions of my own, and a word of warning. I requested a copy of the 'profile' that they had on me, and documentation of the people or entities that they recieved my address from. I then informed them that I do not respond to mail that I deem unsolicited, or scam mail, and will not be sending them any money if they request me to do so.

A few weeks later, I recieved the information they promised me, but without the answers to my questions. The information seemed to be nothing more than positive feedback from "current members". It also included an order form for the "real information", with notification that I had until the end of the week to respond. Needless to say, I threw it in the garbage, and forgot about it.

Well, today, I recieved another letter from them. This one states how concerned they are that I didn't respond, and a few more details about the info I will be recieving. In this letter, they state that this is a thousand page volume of secrets that reach back 2300 years, that families like the Rothschilds, Rockefellers, and other dynasties have past down from generation to generation. This book is even personalized, with my family name printed on the front cover. A supposed $50,000.00 dollar value, but for me, and for a very limited time only, it is only $139.95

I know this is a scam, and I recognize the marketing ploy being used. Force you into making a hastey and unthoughtful decision by limiting your time to respond. That's a classic "ACT NOW!", and "FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY!" scheme used by late night infomercials and As-Seen-ON-TV specials.

But my reasoning for posting this here is, Has anyone here recieved similar correspondance? Do any of you have any insight into this "Secret Society"? I'm not about to blindly send off $140.00 to anybody, but I do want to find out more about this, it just seems a bit fishy. Please let me know if you know anything about this.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP