Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Windows Vista Horror Stories
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I guess by now every body knows what a piece of crap Windows Vista is. Except maybe Microsoft, and the select few that have actually got it to run on their computers.
Vista is a total nightmare, starting out. At first install, it took about 5 hours to finally get my hardware to where Vista Home Basic would even install.
It is finally up and running, so, like the dumbass that I am, I decide I want Aero glass, becuase Vista Home basic doesn't have Aero in it. I piss away another $80 bucks to get it using Anytime upgrade (which is a nightmare in itself), and after a few hours, it is finally installed. Well after Vista installs 100 megs of updates, it reboots. Once the OS is booted and running, I start getting hangs, blue screens and crashes. So much so that I can't even attempt to fix it. So what do, I try to reinstall it. Well, your product key only works once, after that you have to call India, and beg them to let you reinstall it. All together, just to get Windows Vista home basic up and running, between the hangs and crashes, about 6 hours, then I want to upgrade back to Windows Vista Home premium.

To do a reinstall to get to Windows Vista Home Premium using the anytime upgrade, first you have to install Vista Home basic, which is about 4 hours of your time, then you have to call India and beg them to let you activate it, then if I want to upgrade to Home premium, you have to reinstall Vista ALL OVER AGAIN, wasting another 4 hours, and then I have to call India a second time, just to activate the Home Premium version. And if it starts crashing then... UUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH

I should have listened to the Horror stories and reviews.
DO NOT DO IT, Vista is a piece of crap, and don't get the Anytime Upgrade or it will compound your nightmares 10 fold.

One good thing about Vista is it is a huge boost for Apple and Linux.
I am certainly looking forward to joining any class action lawsuits against Micro$oft, and being a legal user and going to seek out all of the activation hacks I can, because Vista is a scam.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP