Users Online Now: 1,815 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 848,614
Pageviews Today: 1,456,470Threads Today: 568Posts Today: 10,506
04:14 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject California FireStorm of 08: Going to Be HUGE !!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I just checked out the satellite thermal imaging for the fires currently going in northern California.

[link to geomac.gov]

Zoom in to northern California and turn on the MODIS and HMS thermal satellite images on the menu bar on the right. The red dots or current satellite fire perimeters, orange is six hours ago and yellow 12 hrs.

There are literally hundreds of fires and some have grown exponentially overnight. These fires are spreading very rapidly. I predict that many of these fires are going to burn together into a huge firestorm that will rival anything we have seen since Yellowstone back in 88. The big difference is there are tens of thousands of structures in harms way.

The reason I know this is that I helped develop the Geomac web website back in 2000. I have never seen this magnitude of fire activity from lightning strikes before. It is way too early for northern California to be burning like this.

Weather Wars continue....whats next??

um 130 degrees in Phoenix.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP