Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Someone Tried To Harm My Daughter
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I called my 22 year old daughter on Saturday to see if her and her boyfriend wanted to join the rest of the family for a BBQ on Sunday. Unfortunately she said she had to work the 3-11pm shift at the hospital that day and they had plans with friends from out of town and were going to stay at their place after work. I told her to have fun and that I would call her (today) Monday.
So, last night at about 12:30 my phone rang. I paused the movie I was watching and answered. I heard a quiet, shakey voice on the other end whisper "Mom, I'm in trouble."
I asked her what was wrong. She said "A man's chasing us and I'm scared."
I covered the phone and screamed to my husband who was downstairs to bring me a cell phone. As calmly as I could, I asked my daughter to tell me exactly where she was and what was happening. She said that her, her boyfriend and another friend who worked security at the hospital were driving to their friends house. They had stopped at a red light just on the outskirts of our city when another car pulled up beside them. The man in the other car was staring into their car, it was so noticable that my daughter asked the others if they knew him. Everyone turned to look at the man and he began aggresively gesturing at them (gave them the finger, ran his thumb across his neck as in a cut throat motion, pointing his fingers at them like a gun)

Then I heard a loud noise and my daughter screamed "Oh God he's ramming our car!"
I asked her again "Where are you?!"
By this time my husband entered the room smiling and said "You bellowed for me?" I screamed "Get me a cell phone NOW! I need to call the Police!"
I hear my daughter say that her boyfriend is already on his cell phone with the police. I shake my head no at my husband to cancel the cell phone and motion for him to pick up an extention. She said Cruisers were already out looking for them and that their friend was driving the car and trying to get to the Police Station. They were traveling on a highway between our city and the next town, driving at speeds of over 120 km an hour while being rammed.
I have never, ever... felt so small and helpless as I did at that moment.

I heard my husbands voice on the extention. He said "Baby listen to me, how many in your car?" She told him 3. He asked how many in the car that's chasing you? She said she thought just the driver. He asked about weapons and she said they thought he has a knife or a gun. She saw him get something out of the glove box as they were pulling away at the stop light.
I knew what my husband was thinking, that they should put an end to the chase and make a stand but if he had a gun... then what?

My daughter said "We can hear police sirens but we can't see them and don't know where to go... he's ramming the car again, he doesn't care the police are coming, he's going to kill us!"
My husband asked her "What highway and what direction?" She told him, he hung up and I heard him slam the side door and his truck pull away with half of the gravel from our driveway with it.
On the phone, I could hear my daughters boyfriend talking to the police dispatcher and I could hear her talking to the friend driving the car. I was amazed at how calm they were. I could also hear police sirens so I knew they had to be close. I heard my daughter say "There they are!"
I asked her "Are the police there?" She said they just passed 3 cruisers on the highway and the police had turned around and joined the chase. Then she screamed and I heard him hit them again, even with the police chasing him.

One of police cars got between the 2 cars and they boxed the man in and forced him to stop. My daughter said they surrounded his car, guns drawn and were trying to get him to exit his vehicle. She said she had to go now, the police wanted to talk to her. I reluctantly let her go with the promise that she'd call me the moment she was done with the police. I called my hushand on his cell to update him. He decided he needed to see her for himself and that he'd call when he got there and for me to call him if they were moved to the police station.
I hung up and decided since the crisis was now over, it was a good time to have a breakdown before the fear and stress I was feeling made my heart or head explode.

Now, one of the reasons I decided to share this is because when my daughter finally called me back she said the police eventually forced the man out of his car and that he had an open blade on his lap. A knife. He would give no rhyme or reason for what he did and wasn't speaking to anyone. That's all she knew but she was as shaken as I was, probably more.
I don't have the answer but I certainly know the question... What the hell is going on in Canada?
I'm too emotionally involved to think straight yet. One moment I'm so thankful all 3 are fine and it ended well, the next moment I'm wondering what kind of karma I'd be banking if I found this man myself and showed him the true meaning of fear.
I need answers but I guess I also just need a place to vent... so thanks everyone for allowing me to do that here.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP