Users Online Now: 1,693 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 34,906
Pageviews Today: 53,140Threads Today: 29Posts Today: 278
12:26 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Magick for beginners and the power of thinking in abstract terms.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message First of all, this thread isn't really about magick(magick being the active manipulation of the energy that surrounds us and everything we can see or know), but it's a good start for those interested in learning how to practice but really have no idea how to begin. Working with magick is a subtle practice, with very little in the physical to serve as an indication of your progress until you learn how things operate on a larger scale. To first be able to do this, you need to learn to think about things in abstract terms.

Take a look at the picture below:

:sunset5:

I am assuming you can see the outline of the mountains against the sunset. Now, as a practice, imagine that outline inversed, draw the sky in your mind as the ground and geography, and take the landscape in the picture and imagine it as the sky. Can you see the new outline of the mountains, inversed?

If I explained that out properly, and you are able to see and understand what I am talking about, then you have not necessarily practiced magick, but you have taken the first step towards learning how to work with it. Can you see the world inverted through the picture above? This works exactly the same way as being able to see two sides of an optical illusion, just like the old woman/young lady picture as below:

[link to www.noblur.com]

Working with magick comes in steps, and the more you reach out for it the more you will find it (the law of fives). To be able to work with magick, you first have to be able to think of and understand the world in concepts that allow you to relate to the energies that, when manipulated, is the practice of magick.

As stated before, it is a subtle practice, so to learn to work with magick, you have to learn to see the subtleties that lie in every day life. You have to learn to "invert the sunset" in everything you look at and perceive. Once you learn to do this as a practice, you will be able to notice many hidden things that are plain as day right before everyone's eyes... if only they knew what to look for or how to look! Not only to look, but see.

Everything expands out from here. This is merely the beginning. Like anything new, it is most difficult at the beginning, when there is no indication that you are improving or that you are actually doing anything at all. Persist, my friend, and you will find that you will bring to you the things that you will for most. Remember, that is a double edged sword, and if you ever get stuck, remember to invert the sunset. ;)

Depending on how this thread goes I may make more. To those of you who believe I am speaking utter nonsense, just remember..

if you know, you know. ;)

bsflag
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP