Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Transcending Duality
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Duality will always exist, it is integral to the way the universe works. However, there is an existence that is possible to experience that is outside of duality. When I first realized the possibility of transcending duality, I immediately became unable to be angry at bad or negative events that happened in my life.

I did this because I stopped seeing these events as bad. These events I started to interpret as opposite and equal reactions to actions I had previously acted out. Everything that happens to anyone, good or bad, is merely a result of the actions they themselves perform here on earth. It can be said, that what you do to others, you ultimately do to yourself. Recognizing this is a huge, and important step in mastering your personal integrity.

A few weeks ago I went camping with some friends. The day we arrived the truck slashed a tire on a sharp rock. This would have made me quite upset, and it nearly did, as my friends and I were 25 miles down a 4x4 trail with a bad spare tire and no easy way to get out. To most people, this is a really shitty experience and their day would be ruined, the camping trip as well.

As I sat there trying to decide what to do, I could feel myself starting to become angry, thinking negative thoughts about how fucked we were and how much of a pain in the ass it would be to get out of this mess. Quickly, I stopped myself before I let it escalate. I realized that no one was dead, we were still going to camp and have a good time. My anger vanished just as quickly as it appeared, and we were still able to camp and have a good time, just like I realized. :) When the time did come to extract the truck, it was a huge pain in the ass and it did take forever, but you know what? I didn't care. :) It was more time I got to spend out in the mountains with friends laughing and having a good time as we have yet another adventure in our crazy lives. No regrets about it, although I could have let it be a miserable experience.

Living here on earth, bad things are going to happen to a person no matter what. It is unavoidable. It is also up to you how you decide how to react to them. Living here on earth, one has two choices; to live in heaven, or to live in hell. The same thing can happen in someone's life, but they can be living in one or the other reality depending on how they decide to look at life.

Two completely different lives, but the same all in one. It all depends on how you decide to look at it. When something shitty happens, will you think of it as the world coming down on you, or will you look at it as an opportunity to learn something you haven't yet discovered? Perhaps a chance to relive something differently you may have had regrets about in the past?

You may learn that when you can put this into good practice, time also ceases to operate in a linear fashion. Life no longer happens as a straight line from past to future, life works more like a spiral. Each time the spiral turns, each dance you make along it, is a new opportunity, a new angle to perceive the universe, a new chance to learn something you missed the last time around. A new beginning.

Dance your spiral.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP