Users Online Now: 2,087 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 679,445
Pageviews Today: 1,176,502Threads Today: 376Posts Today: 7,677
11:59 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Floating or Sinking Poop??? What it means???
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Dear Doctor ....
Hi! I'm a female teenager. I have always had nice floating BMs. Recently, I have been noticing a change. They are all sinking, and are a dark green in color instead of my normal brown. What does this mean?

Dr. Adams responds:
For the most part, it has to do with diet. A diet high in fats and oils will create BM's that float. The BM's from a high fat diet also may be bubbly or sudsy. On the other hand, a diet high in vegetables and soluable fiber will create heavy BM's that will sink.
What else can play a role in sinking or floating BM's? Certain diseases certainly can. Any disease that prevents the absorption of fat will create fatty floating BM's. A few that come to my mind are cystic fibrosis, chronic pancreatitis, bacterial overgrowth syndrome, biliary cirrhosis or stricture, and also after removal of the gallbladder (cholecystectomy)

-- Dr. Adams
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP