Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Insights for Dealing With Someone With Depression
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I've recently met someone who suffers from deep depression and is in therapy and on meds. I am no stranger to being depressed and know how it can twist the mind and emotions into a dark hopeless place. I know when I get that way there is not much that can pull me out of it other than my own awareness and a bit of time passing.

I'd like to hear from either someone who suffers from severe depression or is with someone who is. How do you deal with it?

If you are depressed, what is the best thing for the other to do? I figure to be there for the person and listen if needed to be the best course. I don't imagine attempts to 'cheer you up' or 'snap you out of it' go over too well.

I do have an interest in psychology and how the mind works. I'm also pretty spiritual though not at all religious.

I just want to know from those who have been there what the best way to approach this may be.

I've got to go to work but I'll check later on tonight for any replies. Thank you.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP