Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Marijuana Cultivation 101 - Urban Cannabis Growers Unite
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Cannabis Cultivation 101

Written & Guided By Razrin
Date created: 2400 years after the death of Socrates.

Copyright 2008 all divine rights reserved. Cotton Millionaire Clothing Inc & The Razrin Corporation.

Legal Disclaimer & Terms: If

you choose to use Razrin's thoughts, writings, insights, opinions,

collective understandings or any of the products of my body, mind,

spirit and soul - You agree to transfer Razrin avec greater divine

LOVE. The contents of this article & text may not be distributed,

copied, duplicated, orally communicated, verbally expressed or

added to a database of any form whatsoever without explicit

handwritten permission from the author and/or publisher. If you do

not agree to these terms, do not read further. You are responsible

for your own reality & subject to this agreement now that you have

continued.
 Quoting: Legal Disclaimer & Agreement

Cannabis Cultivation 101 with Razrin

Hello all and welcome. My name is Razrin, and this is a short treatise to seed a novice user in the methods & art of Cannabis Cultivation. Sprinkled through out this article are my own opinions and understandings, so please feel free to ignore them if they do not resonate with you.

:theholygra:

I started to grow Cannabis when I was 14 years old. I mailed a $50 postal money order to a local Seed Cultivator (The BCSC - Now defunct) and within 10 days I got my first 10 seeds. The grow went horribly wrong, my parents busted me, and my plants were discarded. Eventually success was had, and I had an amazing Spiritual Experience from a cutting of Blueberry. I later decided to work & dedicate my life to Blueberry, White Widow and Heirloom Mazar I Sharif... I use these strains to produce my own Medicinal Seed Strains & Razberry... Razberry is more of a DMT experience than a "Pot" experience.

Step 1. Acquire genetics. Get your seeds FIRST. Seeds are living Organisms, they have consciousness, so get them first before setting everything up. I highly recomend Dr Chronic [www.DrChronic.com] or Seed Boutique [www.SeedBoutique.com] or Nirvana Seeds [www.Nirvana-Shop.com] or my company [www.StargateSeeds.com].

Step 2. Get your lighting situation setup. If you do not want to invest much money, go with GE Hydrolux and Fluoro setup. Regardless of what people may tell you, you can get a pretty decent harvest with Fluoros... It would still beat anything you buy off the street.

For people with more cash, get a 100-400 Watt HPS system. Or get a switchable ballast that can run MH & HPS, so you Vegetate with MH and Flower with HPS. Be careful with the MH as they are underpressure and have molten metal inside. Make sure your light bulb as glass protection away from YOU.

When it comes to lighting and pot, a rough estimate is half a gram harvest per 1 watt.

So 400 watts should yield 200 Grams or more, depending on what kind of technique. In the future you can use SOG or SCROG techniques to boost compact production.

Lots of people will warn you about Light Heat Signatures and the Police... I think most cops have better things to do in "Free" countries such as Canada, but if you live in the USA, I highly recommend investing in an Air cooled hood, or a Water cooled lighting system so there is no heat signature.

There are TWO spectrums of lighting that are important.

Metal Halide or MH mimics the Spring Spectrum... it is light blueish/white... This is ideal for VEGETATION... you have to vegetate your seedlings on a 24 hour cycle, then a 18/6 hour cycle...

18/6 is 18 hours on... 6 hours off.

Flowering cycle is 12 hours on and 12 hours off. 12/12. During this cycle, the plant uses all it's energy to "Fruit" and "Flower"... the Calyxes and Pistils will begin to flourish... during this cycle you need a summer light spectrum... HPS all the way. High Pressure Sodium are more Yellow/Orange...

Once you lower the lights to 12/12 your plants will begin to "Sex" and display sexual differences.

Sexing your plants is easy. After a few days of 12/12 your plant will display signs of Male or Female and if you're unlucky.... Hermaphrodite.

Cannabis Plants are either Male, Female or Hermaphrodites... this is quite rare in the Plant kingdom, but more on Cannabis' Alien Origins another time...

Detecting a Male: A point with two small balls denotes a Male.

Detecting a FEMALE: A thin silky pistil is the FEMALE. It is almost a whitish hair between the nodes of a leaf or stems that you'll see the first signs of a female.

It is possible to smoke male plants and still get "buzzed" so if all your plants are males, you might as well grow them out.

I won't get into the details of Hermaphrodites, it is rare to get hermies unless you've accidentally stressed the plant.

Common stressors:

-Disrupting the "sleeping plant" in it's light cycle.
-Light leaks during flowering & dark cycle.
-Improperly bred genetics.
-Lack of nutrients.
-Tap root situation. If the taproot hits solid grown too soon, the plant becomes Male or Hermy i've notice... the opposite is true... plenty of living space gives more females.

Three growing cycles.

Germination
Vegetation
Flowering

To germinate your seeds, two plates + paper towels + water works excellent.

Place the paper towels in the plate, add enough water to moist, then place your seeds in, put another plate upside down to seal it (so it looks like a UFO), then use tape to seal the edges, and place the plate in a warm environment, near a heater or furnace... it's also good to wrap the plate in a towel.

Vegetation - Once your seedlings have sprouted, plant them into a medium sized planter. Make sure the planter has enough vertical space... if the seedlings tap root hits "solid" early in life, the plants can become more "male" because it recognizes inhabitable environment. So make sure growing situations promote female selection...

During vegetation cycle, it's important to have a good soil mix.

20% Blood Meal 20% Perlite or Vermiculite and 60% soil is excellent.

Blood Meal, Bone meal, Worm castings, Bat Guano make all excellent "feeding" sources for the plant.

Vermiculate and Perlite will help aerate the soil, but Cannabis is pretty hearty plant and can grow easily...

You can use a Vegetation Fertilizer solution to feed the plant during the vegetation cycle.

The vegetation cycle should be determined by height of the plant, and not necessarily time. If you FLOWER at 12 inches... expect a three foot tall plant. If you flower at 18 inches, expect a 4.5 foot plant. Plant height is also determined by Genetics and Subspecies. Indica is relatively short, Sativa tall and thin, and hybrids a great mix of both.

The Cannabis Plants do not need much but TLC to give ya THC... They need attention, and there is a esoteric phenomenon of you "Check up on them" as soon as they germinate. Which is why I stated to get seeds first. Once you germinate the organisms, a strange phenomenon occurs, you begin to automatically get the resources and energy/time to devote to this alien life form! Things just "work" the second they become animate.

I recommend flowering at the 5-8th node.

:holygrail2:

How to flower:

When you are satisfied with the height and growth of the plants, now it is time to switch the lighting cycle into 12/12... 12 hours on and 12 hours off. This is create a biological reaction and the plant will begin to fruit, because of the light cycle difference. Some subspecies of cannabis are "Autoflower" which basically means they flower automatically on a 24 hour cycle, this subspecies is called Cannabis Ruderalis, I think this species evolved on a planet with a 24 hour sun. I find it hard to believe this beautiful plant evolved on Planet Earth, as it has no relation to anything in the plant kingdom and it's DNA is vastly incomparable to anything else.

Sorry to go on a tangent.

The Flowering cycle is the most important part. This is where you will be able to learn whether you're getting Males or Females. Flowering also sexes the plants within 3-7 days... keep an eye out for small hairlike pistils protruding from the Nodes... if you see them, you are in luck! You are the proud owner of what will be known as sinsimella.

During the flowering cycle... use a FLOWERING fertilizers, combo/mix or Flowering nutrients. I also recommend bat guano or organic fertilizers.

You should also switch planters and add a bone meal mixture to your new planters base.

You can also learn how to trim and crop your plant through the various resources on the internet.

:holygrail3:

Important notes during the lowering cycle:

Do NOT let any light leaks into the 12 hours OFF period. The plant is sleeping and NEEDS darkness. Block all the light sources that can enter your grow room, make sure your timer is working efficiently, do not check up on your plants during the light cycle, otherwise they may end up hermies.

How to tell when flowering is complete... After 45 days, go to Radio Shack and buy a $15 microscope, check the trichomes for a clear/cloudy appearance, that should give you a "Cerebral High" if you want a "Body High" wait until the trichomes are opaque/darker/amber and then harvest. You can smoke the leaves to determine exactly how long you should wait to harvest.

:trichomes:

When you're satisfied with the Trichomes or when your intuition lets you know the sinsemilla is ripe for harvest, keep your plants in COMPLETE DARKNESS without water for 3-6 days, so the plant stresses and exerts the energy into the "fruit".

After you harvest, trim and manicure your crop, but don't throw away the fan leaves or trim, you can make bubble hashish out of the fan leaves and trim, there are many different resins excreted onto the fan leaves. You can buy "bubble bags" which were invented by my buddy Bubble Man. They are readily available in Canada and through out the world. Look em up. They use micron filtration 25-100+ microns to capture resin and make bubble hash.

You should also "flush" your plants before harvest, don't use any nutrients, just clean water to water the plant so there is more of an organic taste.

Dry the wet bud, and then when they are 60-85% dry, throw them into lunch bags to "air cure" once they are air cured, throw them into a glass jar and cure your bud for 1-3 months if you are a connoisseur... Curing your bud will increase the potency and smoke. It is one of the reasons why street bud smokes hard & is not always potent, it's because the growers don't cure their bud. There are plenty of articles available on curing.

Congrats. You now have the best pot you'll ever smoke until you grow again.

Regards,

Razrin
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP