Users Online Now: 1,700 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 26,396
Pageviews Today: 36,533Threads Today: 21Posts Today: 192
12:17 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject What does it mean when someone has an insatiable need to TALK and TELL stories?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message When at gatherings, someone I know, has the need to always tell a story. Like a kid, hearing a clue or key word, he'd jump in and starts telling a story about something that is related, even if barely related. Most stories are OK, sometimes just about mandane things (like his recent operation). He'll get this mysterious smile on his face as though telling 'guess what I am about to tell you'....

I've heard the same stories over and over (we are close), and it's always told the same way, with the same pauses and intonations...person thinks he is really entertaining everyone. Sometimes he'd throw in a new twist to get story sounding more 'entertaining'...
And he hates to be interrupted as though he doesn't want his story structure and flow be reshuffled....
The person acts like a 12 years old (want to impress everyone), but he is almost 50.
What would prompt someone to be like this? Any opinions?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP