Users Online Now: 2,026 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,548,620
Pageviews Today: 2,250,332Threads Today: 613Posts Today: 12,505
06:17 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject For those people who don't think you need to prep for the coming times need to read this.This is my story from the ice storm
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I live in a rural area in southeast ohio. We got hit hard with a huge ice storm which knocked my power out for 4 days and let me tell you my preps saved my ass.

first I have a woodburner and plenty of wood so I was able to warm. People in town also lost power but like most city folks they had no woodburners and alot of those folks had to go to a redcross shelter to keep warm, which means they had to leave there house with no way to keep there pipes from freezing in there house.

the first thing everbody did was go to our local wal mart to get kerosine heaters, guess what they sold out of those heaters in minutes.So about 99 percent of the people in town had no heat.

oil lamps and propane lanterns, propane stoves, propane canisters, flashlights, bottled water,generaters ect all was sold out in a matter of hours.Day 2 of the storm I went to town and literallly there were hundreds of people in town with none of these supplies and I talked to many of them and they were terrified because they had no way to cook, could not use there bathrooms, no way to heat there house, no lights in there house no water no nothing,I even seen some folks cry because of the dire situation.

people tried to go to the next nearest towns to go to hotels but they booked up in a matter of hours,alot of folks could not even get to the nearest town because all of our gas stations had no electricity.

day 3 after the storm I went to the the next biggest town closest to us and guess what they were out of all of the supplies I mentioned above, and alot of the gas stations were out of low and medium grade fuel.

day 4 after the storm I still had no power but my house was warm I had all the supplies that that no one had, I could cook, I could take hot spunge baths,I had light thanks to oil lamps and lanterns, I could flush my toilet thanks to my bottled water stockpile, I had plenty food, tea, hot chocolate, extra blankets.

I got power back on after four days but there are still folks in my area that still does not have power, and I heard ky got even hit harder and will not have power for another 2 weeks.

Since I live in the hills I go without power quite frequently so having extra preps is is just a smart thing to do. I just can't believe a freaking ice storm just crippled my area and brought many parts of america to its knees.

And folks this is just an ice storm that did this,I could not imagine if we were hit with a catastrophic event. I myself am not prepared for a long term catastrophic event and this storm taught me alot. My wife would always make fun of me because I go to yard sales and pick up candles,oil lamps,camp stoves,surplus gear,ect,now shes the one that wants to start prepping harder. This storm taught me how fragile our infrastrucure is and I pray for those folks still without power.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP