Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Obama's Sudden Change of Heart Over Daschle
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Sorry I can't help it. I have to post on this. After getting home last night and turning on the TV to watch the news, I became irate when I heard Obama's interview with Fox News about "the mistake" he made in nominating Daschle. He then went on to talk about how it just wouldn't be right to the American people if someone who couldn't pay his taxes was appointed to this position which I found odd to say the least since just the day before he was quoted as saying that he supported Daschle's nomination "absolutely." (Daschle was kind enough to back out on his own.)

So what about Geithner then? I take it it's ok for him but not Daschle?

So what made him suddenly change his mind? Was it his Internet Recon team letting him know what Americans were saying in their blogs, posts, and chat rooms? Or was it because Obama needs Republican support for the stimulus package and didn't want to ask Republicans for two favors? (Fox's theory.)

In a small way I am relieved that someone who can't remember to pay his taxes won't be heading up the healthcare position but at the same time it makes me really nervous and a little angry when people flip flop like that. Where is the integrity? And how do we as American citizens trust that? We've seen it for far too long in the White House.

I get the feeling that while Obama mean well, he's just way too naive.

Ok, that's my rant for the day.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP