Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Infinity Exists
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I know right now Man-bird-pig flu is a hot topic but I would like to propose some thoughts and see how people respond.
It is my belief that infinity exists. Rather we choose to except that or not is based on personal feelings right?
I don't think so. I think despite your belief system rather faith based or not, you cannot disprove infinity. I think logically, inifinity is the exact opposite of zero or non existance. Therefore, you are presented with 2 basic choices while you are in existance, concious, alive. Since infiinity cannot be disproved you are presented with the choice of infinite NOTHING or infinite SOMETHING. How you label this will be determined on your region (culture), religion (belief in a higher power), or lack of (belief that there is no higher power), and a whole plethora of other factors, but the label doesn't matter for purpose of this post. All that matters is that humans label their choice.
Now, consider this experiment that anyone can and probably should do. Go outside and look up. Rather its day or night, just look up and think about what you are seeing. The sun is there, it exists, the moon, the stars, they are all there. You cannot deny that those objects are not there, you can see them, and in this case, seeing is believing. But start to think about beyond that, beyond even the limits of our knowledge of the universe. Is our universe infinite? Highly debatable. If it isn't then it is placed somewhere, contained in something, surrounded by something right? There isn't just a wall that ends reality is there? It is logically impossible for that to be the case. Now, you either believe that we are these little creatures that are self and universally aware sitting out in the middle of nothing, or sitting in the middle of something. It doesn't matter what you call that "something" rather it be God, or YHWH, or Allah, or whatever. Or nothing, zero, the absence of existance.
Just think about that and see what you come up with. Respond, I want to read others thoughts on such a thing.
I'll even ask some questions to get your gears going.
1. Do we exist in infinity?
2. Do you think there is infinite nothing or infinite something?
3. Science claims it sees and listens to the edge of the universe, background noise. What is beyond that? The otherside.
4. If, you believe that infinity does not exist, what do you think contains our existance and is it possible for there to be anything beyond it?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP