Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Update for The Return Of The Ancestors Gathering
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Greetings All! I just returned from The return Of The Ancestors Gathering. WOW! What an awesome experience! I am so glad that I got to attend. I met many wonderful people while there. The Lakotah Drummers were the BEST. First we were at Cottonwood where the elders of tribes from all over the world gave a talk about their cultures and prophecies. There was a traditional Mayan Fire Ceremony and we got to see a traditional Mayan Wedding Ceremony and participate in dance and song. I got to meet all of the elders, they wanted to interact with us.
We then traveled north. We did a sunrise ceremony at the Grand Canyon-Mathers Point. It was very cold and windy, but most people did not mind. It was BEAUTIFUL! The drumming at sunrise was an experience all by itself. Then we had breakfast with the elders at the grand caynon and traveled 100 cars long to Tuba City, the home of the Dinah (Navajo people). We were literaly in the desert! There is such a beauty about the place and the people were friendly. There were HIGH windstorms kicking up massive amounts of dust where you had to wrap your face to breathe, but it did not take away from the energy. We did ceremony there for 2 days and then traveled the Apache Nation Heritage Park where we spent the day at a picnic. The people welcomed up and gave some talk of their culture. There we got to interact with the elders, eat, dance, and witness speeches of appreciation for this gathering.
From there we went back to Cottonwood. And yes there were Hopi participating in the ceremonies, although we did not go to Hopi Reservation itself. Ruben and his family were there the whole time, and some others joined in as well. I did not know they were ridiculed by their people for participating until they spoke of it.
There were also sweat lodges given by the Lakotah People. My son participated in that twice. The elders would gather for council in the evening. We did not get to participate in that. The incredible HIGH VIBRATIONS that were there I will never forget. Alot of people, myself included were moved to tears many, many times. It was the experience of a lifetime! To meet so many people from all over the world together for the same cause--saving humanity and mother earth from certain death at the hands of ignorance is something I wish to remember all of my days. The prayers to the creator were incredible! "Heart of the Heavens-Heart of the Earth please do not forget us, your children. Please don't leave us alone." That will stay in my heart forever. I have pictures, but I have never uploaded a photo before. Right now I am tired from traveling, but i wanted to post something for all my friends here at glp. If anyone can tell me how to upload a photo I would appreciate it. I purchased a DVD fro $26.00 of the whole 10 day event and when I get it, I will let everyone know. There was no video recording allowed, only the authorized people, but you could take photos. And boy, that i did!
Love,
TheresaEl
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP