Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject My Experience with "THE FLU"
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Just thought I'd let y'all know:

I live in Atlanta. I started getting "sick" Sunday. Started with sore throat, was lethargic, generally feeling like crap...got worse, then REALLY bad starting Tuesday evening. I was running a fever, bad chills, had terrible diarrhea (gross, sorry), all of my muscles hurt...I basically didn't want to move. I took a strong pain killer before bed Tues evening and revved up my vitamin C dosage (I know some people don't even think it helps, but I was trying).

Wednesday was the worst day. I worked anyway, but I can't say that I was overly productive. I kept mega-dosing vit C all day. That evening I was so sore and sick I could barely get around the house. I would’ve just gone to bed, but I have a new puppy at home and other people to look after, so I couldn’t really rest. When I finally settled down, I decided to take a hot bath. I put some Epsom salt in it, though I’m not sure why I thought that would do anything. I fell asleep, laying on the edge of the tub. I’d wake up, think about getting out, then just drain some water and top it off with some very hot water and swirl it in, fall back asleep. Finally my bf called my cell and was like “get OUT of the tub before you turn into a giant prune!” I’d been in there for like an hour and a ½. I didn’t want to get out bc I knew I’d have the chills again.

I finally got it together and got out and got into bed. He brought me a big glass of half Gatorade, half water and I drank all of that with another pain killer. I went to sleep, but woke up at about 5am to my body absolutely drenched in sweat. I went to the bathroom and my shirt, pjs, everything was soaked as if they had been dropped in water. I have sugar issues from time to time & sweat in my sleep, but never that much sweat. I assume it was from my fever breaking. I changed clothes and went back to bed. I woke up at about 8am and had TERRIBLE achy muscles. The worst thus far (this was Thurs morning). I could barely walk, felt like I had just been through a week of soccer conditioning or something. It was enough to bring tears to my eyes when I was TRYING to walk around doing my morning stuff. I just kept going though because I had things I had to do. I took 800mg of ibuprofen & kept taking the vit C.

Now, I was sore all day Thurs, but with the ibuprofen I kept the pain under pretty good control and most of my other symptoms were practically gone. Friday until today (Sunday) I’ve felt about the same, like I’m just annoyed by regular allergies. Occasional cough or sneeze, barely scratchy throat and stuffy nose in the morning. No fever, no chills, no stomach issues, no body aches.

My point with my story is that Tuesday everyone was saying “YOU NEED TO GO TO THE DR. IMMEDIATELY!!!” And I was like why? If I have the “swine” flu, they’re going to try to give me some crazy vaccine or something and I won’t want it, I’d rather just stay at home and get well on my own…48hours later I was pretty much completely well.

We get these reports of people swarming ERs, etc, but I feel like it’s a lot of panic over nothing. I had a lot of the symptoms people complain about. I was even hoarse, but I had been at a horse race Saturday, too that may have had a hand in that : ). My mother is an RN who works in CCU and ICU and she is being a little weirder than normal over all of this, and wanted me to seek medical help, especially with how bad Wednesday was, but also thought I may have some food poisoning mixed with something else which…is kinda like the flu anyway, lol.

Anyway, I think if you or someone in your immediate family gets sick with any of these “flu” symptoms, you should definitely try to self-medicate before seeking medical attention. I was REALLY sick and rode it out just a little longer than people around me were comfortable with and now I feel perfectly fine. I don’t like Drs, so I didn’t want to seek the help of one, but I also totally had it in my mind that I might get worse if I sought medical attention.

I feel amazing now as compared to Wednesday when I would've been happy to fall over and die, lol.

My 2 cent for anyone who feels sick or knows someone who does and is wondering if it’s (GASP!) “THE FLU!” s226
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP