Users Online Now: 1,495 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 445,872
Pageviews Today: 679,390Threads Today: 251Posts Today: 3,391
07:49 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject In need of a serious discussion about love, and understanding feelings of rejection
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message What is love? What does it mean to say "I love you"? What should a person expect from another once those words are evoked? What happens when those words are spoken, and then you ignore the person you proclaimed your love to? And how would this effect a budding relationship? Is it wrong to expect that when two people fall in love, that they should mean enough to each other to keep in contact? Or can it be that love is more than that? Does love need to be nurtured in order to continue to be felt, or will it disappear if left alone and unreturned?

Are friendships fragile in the beginning, and in need of attention, until the two people become accustomed to each other and comfortable being apart? Is it any different in a intimate relationship between a man and a woman? How important is communication to any kind of relationship? And is it unhealthy to feel rejected or unwanted when somebody tells you they love you, and then stop talking to you right afterward?

How would you feel if you found the love of your life, and love was mutually expressed, yet suddenly, that person began ignoring you? Would you feel rejected, or distraught? Would it lead you to believe that this newfound love wasn't true, regardless of the reasons for the lack of attention? How would you react if this were to happen to you? Would you express your feelings? Would you ask for an explanation? Or would you give up without even knowing why it happened?

And if you knew that this person could find the time, even if only a minute spent sending a text message to show they care, yet didn't, how would this make you feel? If they claim they are simply too busy to talk to you, yet you find them spending hours online, how important would you feel you are to that person?

I am seeking serious answers, and discussion on the questions I put forward in this thread. Please, if you only seek to say hurtful words, go to a different thread. I do not feel like being ridiculed, and only seek honest help from caring individuals.

I may not have been able to fully articulate what I am trying to ask, but with these questions, I may have gotten very close. Please help me to understand what the correct answers to my questions would be, because I am confused as to how I should be feeling about the situation I find myself in.

I have already done much to figure this out on my own, yet nothing seems to encourage me, or to alleviate this feeling I have inside of me. I want to believe everything is OK, yet experience has shown me that this kind of situation is usually a good sign of a failing relationship, be it intimate, friendship, business, or otherwise. I am of the opinion that lack of communication is the single most destructive thing that could happen to any relationship, yet my hands are tied, and I can do nothing about it, but turn and walk away. This is something I dearly do not want to do. So I seek answers.

Please help me by giving me your insights into these questions. Your answers will better help me to understand what is normal, and what is the right thing to do, by gauging the hypothetical reactions of other human beings who could experience the same situation.

Thank you.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP