Users Online Now: 2,226 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,215,051
Pageviews Today: 2,027,384Threads Today: 802Posts Today: 13,948
08:17 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Green orbs - sleep disruptions - strange experiences when I was a teenager
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I was about 14 years old, laying in bed to go to sleep. Soon after passing the threshold of sleep, where external conciousness mostly fades away and deep sleep is imminent (hypergogic, hypnopompic?) I had the most unusual sensation, like a voice in my head - but not a voice - more of a feeling that exclaimed 'wake up. wake up now!' The feeling was neither malevolent nor benevolent, just matter-of-fact.

What I saw when I opened my eyes (I'm convinced I actually awoke and opened my eyes) was a green orb of light, dimmer than a lightbulb about as bright as glow-in-the-dark tritium, slightly larger than a softball, hovering motionless a few inches off the ground in a darkened corner of my bedroom.

As soon as I registered what I saw it dissapeared, less than one second.

As i only received a brief glimpse I shrugged it off as a figment of my imagination and attempted to go back to sleep. A few minutes later it happened again, same state of sleep, same feeling to awake, same green orb. However it stayed for 2 or 3 seconds before dissapearing or winking out (I can't remember which) so I had no doubt I saw something. I also have no doubt I was awake because I ran into my mom's bedroom and slept in her bed the rest of the night because I was terrified (hot, I know).

I've had no other encounters or memories of anything strange though my mom swears that a similar orb approached her very closely outside of her (another) house several years later.

WTF glp?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP