Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Taking care of an Injured Sparrow
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Hi everyone,

Just yesterday I had found an injured sparrow in the house, the cat brought it in. I took it outside and let the cat out thinking that it would end its suffering, but nothing happened because she wasn't interested.

Feeling badly for it, I ended up taking care of it. This event happened June 18, 2009.

It is Day 2, and So far she or he is doing alright. I have been feeding the sparrow blueberry seeds, peanuts, bread with tweezers imitating a wild bird feeding its baby, and water

She can not fly or walk, and her right leg is injured where a few feathers had been torn out. Perhaps it is broken. I've bandaged the leg using cut strips of a paper towel, and tying it with floss, carefully as these birds are quite fragile.

Her feces is white, so there is not danger of internal bleeding as far as I can see.

She is in my room for now in a nest I've made for her using an old shirt I don't wear.

Now being that I am very connected with animals, and becoming a Vet tech soon, I have the right to take care of this wild animal.

I expect her to recover in a week or more. Maybe sooner, we'll see how it goes.

The Vet is not an option. This is just a journal entry I am making to update you on the sparrows progress.

~K~

I've also taken pictures so I may show you those also sometime.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP