Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Question For Canadians: Rental Stuff
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Ok, so here's the rundown of what's going on:
On December 23, I got a rental increase notice saying that my rent would be going from 540 - 740/mo, starting in February.

I spoke to the rentalsman, and they told me that the new laws said it had to be six months notice. Also told me that the notice has to be either hand delivered (literally handed to you) or officially mailed. Mine was shoved under my door.

Now here we are, and I'm being told that the increase takes effect on July 1st, from my landlord, the property owner, and the rentalsman.

Only thing is, is that it's only MY rent that's going up. Out of 24 apartments spread over 2 buildings. I've spoken to numerous other tenants and no one else has received an increase notice.

The rentalsman has gone back on what they told me at Christmas time. I'm being targeted because I complained to the landlord about her crazy daughter who was terrorizing and trashing this building (i was the only one who said anything to her about her crackhead daughter trashing the building).

My question is, has anyone else ever dealt with this type of shit, and if so, what do i do to fight it?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP