Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Alan Moore= NWO occultist pimp
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message TrackBack
TrackBack URL for this entry:
[link to www.typepad.com]

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference "Watchmen" : Alan Moore's Occult Propaganda:
Comments
Yeah, I just saw Watchmen the other day and considered writing a review of it but I thought I should read the comic series first. Moore always takes his name off the movie adaptations of his works since Hollywood usually bastardizes them. I've read a lot of his comics and comparatively speaking Watchmen (at least from what I can glean from the film version) is much less overt in its occultism, although this might actually make it more dangerous semiotically speaking. (Spoiler warning) I know the original is about an Ancient Egyptian themed superhero/billionaire falsifying an alien attack to broker a merger between the U.S.A and U.S.S.R. Very much the kind of suggested means of bringing about the N.W.O that has floated around conspiracy discourse for some time now. (Take in mind the original comic was written between 1986-87)The plot of the movie is essentially the same except it isn't aliens. Moore's occult religion is much more overt in his comic series Promethea and From Hell (the movie version of From Hell starred "chaos magician" Johnny Depp). Almost all the prominent British comic book writers of the last 30 years or so have been occultists and Moore is certainly foremost amongst them. Moore's recurring themes seem to be as follows, the idea that all events in time are actually occurring simultaneously, incest, western occultism (hermeticism, alchemy, etc), the oppression of gays and lesbians and 60's, silver age comics. A complete exegesis of all Moore occult subtext could probably fill several very long books but it is safe to say that if you detect occultism in any of his works it isn't a case of paranoia on your part. If I can get a copy of the Watchmen comic series I'll see if I can write some kind of review around it and the movie.

Posted by: Ross | March 09, 2009 at 12:43 PM
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP